C H A P T E R F I V E

Song: Case by Teni

"So, sta sicuramente succedendo (it's definitely happening)

"So, sta sicuramente succedendo (it's definitely happening). This wedding?" Tini asked as she bit her pancake at the weekly Sunday Brunch the Deliano children hosted at each of their houses after mass. Last week was Xante's turn to host and this week, Val and Rayleigh held the family in their home.

"Yes. But, the engagement party is being held next week because ChiChi's mom is leaving in two weeks," Xante replied, replaying what he and Chidinma discussed last night.

"Where?" Rayleigh asked, passed a sausage link to Isabelle, who adorably dipped it in ketchup and chewed it.

"The family home. Chidinma spoke to dad and he convinced her to do it in the rose garden. We're putting a tent. 200 to 250. If we don't know them, they're not invited. Any questions?" he answered, ticking the details off his fingers. Omarion smirked.

"Wow, the great Xante, taking orders. Damn, she did a damn number on you," he replied, his obnoxious smirk not leaving. Sometimes, Xante really hated his brother.

"Language," Rayleigh warned and Val nodded as he chewed his eggs.

"What she said," Val muffled with food in his mouth.

"How! Just, how am I married to you?" Rayleigh said exasperatedly, placing her hand on her round belly.

"Umm... I thought it was because you loved me," He replied with a dazzling grin and 2 deep dimples. Rayleigh scoffed as she passed another sausage link to Isabella.

"So, X, Non-sapevo che Chidinma facesse tutte quelle cose per sua Madre. È molto laboriosa," (Italian: I did not know Chidinma did all those things for her mom. She's very hardworking.) Tini spoke to Xante and he nodded. In all honesty, he did not know either.

"Uno de motivo per cui la amo," (One of the reasons I love her) Xante answered with a smirk.

"Lei è molto innocente. Sa che si sposerà con qualcuno coinvolto nella mafia?" (Italian: She's very innocent. Does she know she's getting married to someone involved in the Mafia?) Tini threw back with a pseudo-innocent smile on her face while Xante looked down at his food in silence, "I'll take that as a no,"

"I'm worried if I tell her, she'll leave," Xante replied slowly, eyes still on his food.

"But, it's best if she finds out from you," Rayleigh stated with a smile of sympathy. Xante nodded.

"I know,"

A few moments passed and Omarion's pancake landed on the dining table they were all eating on. Before he could pick it up and eat it, Val spoke;

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Omarion looked confused as he asked,

"Why not?"

"How do you think little James was made?" With a gesture to Rayleigh's bulged stomach and wiggled eyebrows, Val replied. A brief moment of silence passed as the other Deliano children thought over their brother's words. Then, as Rayleigh's cheeks turned bright crimson, they stood up with their plates.