C H A P T E R T W E N T Y- F O U R

(shit's about to hit the fan, get ready to hate me.... *coughs* From now on, there will not be anymore Chidinma pov chapters for the time being (except one) and you will soon see why)

 *coughs* From now on, there will not be anymore Chidinma pov chapters for the time being (except one) and you will soon see why)

>>𝙸 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝
𝙳𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚎<<

"I HOPE EVERYONE is packing, we are wheels up in 2 hours," Xante exclaimed, going around, making sure that people were actually working instead of texting their girls. Speaking of, he grabbed Omarion's phone and pocketed it, ignoring his sound of irritation. Their private jet was set to leave in 2 hours, but Lagos traffic was always a nightmare at this time of the day. 

Chioma sighed as she came down the stairs with a bodyguard, who was struggling to drag her luggage, "Chill out, Xante. It's only 5 PM,"

"Exactly," Xante responded and Chioma rolled her eyes, "I would like to be back in Los Angeles by tomorrow morning,"

That was the absolute truth. Xante had a crucial meeting with investors from Hong Kong by 11 AM the next day that, for the benefit of his company, he could not miss. He also had to find a way to continue avoiding the topic of his mother's retirement because that meant that he would be taking over her seat as the Don. And that was a situation he did not like very much.

"Where is Chidinma?" Lolade asked, searching her hand bag, "I gave her my edge brush yesterday and I need it back,"

Now that Xante came to think of it, where is Chidinma? The last time he saw her was earlier in the morning, when she got ready at the crack of dawn and left their bedroom. Throughout the busy day, he had been looking for her but couldn't find her, "Where is she?"

"Chioma," Imani reprimanded, folding her arms, "Weren't you the last person to see her this morning?"

Chioma snorted as she sat by the door on her phone, "This morning she said something about going to see mum or something like that," Then, she became irritated as if brushing off a fly, "Look, why are you asking me? Do I look like her bodyguard?"

Xante sighed, but couldn't help but harbor a slight twinge of worry about her. Yesterday had been a very emotional day for her, he just hoped she was okay, "Well, someday text her, she needs to pack for our flight,"

2 hours later, the slight twinge of worry had turned into a flow blown anxiety session. Everyone was calling her phone and texting, but her number seemed to be switched off. Lolade had confirmed that she had taken Ibrahim, a driver, and one of their cars out, but none of her clothes seemed to be missing. Xante had to call her mother, just to confirm.

"Allo?"

Xante let out a sigh, and replied respectfully, "Good evening, Ms. Ndidi,"