C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N***

Song: safety net by Ariana Grande ft. Ty Dolla $ign

***WARNING! GRAPHIC CONTENT AHEAD! (MENTION OF RAPE, MURDER, PHYSICAL& SEXUAL ABUSE)

***WARNING! GRAPHIC CONTENT AHEAD! (MENTION OF RAPE, MURDER, PHYSICAL& SEXUAL ABUSE). IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE/OR EASILY TRIGGERED READING THESE TOPICS, FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS CHAPTER. THE CONTENT WILL BE ADDRESSED AS THE PLOT GOES ON, SO YOU WILL NOT BE LOST.***

THE REST OF THE WEEK flew by and Chidinma was even more sure that she was absolutely in love with Xante Deliano. During the day, he took her shopping, go-karting and even on a horse ride across the borders of the Sahara. But at night, if they weren't having sex, they were sleeping.

And most of the time, Chidinma was not sleeping.

Even though Dubai was one of the best experiences of her life, Chidinma had begun to notice some strange things about Xante. You know what they say, you only know a person when you live with them.

Sometimes, he would be muttering things in his sleep about weapons, torture and fear. It would freak Chidinma out and she would wake him up. Then, he would shake his head, give her a quick, pained smile and proceed to start making out with her, leading to mind-blowing sex. 

Or the time that he woke up, startled, in a cold sweat with a yell. Xante's blue eyes looked tortured and they frantically searched around his surroundings until they found Chidinma, who was concerned. Then he calmed and hugged Chidinma tightly, frantically murmuring, "You're okay. You're okay,"

Or the time that Chidinma fell asleep and awoke at 2 am to see Xante at the window staring at the Arabian Gulf with a look of intense hate on his face. Chidinma called out his name softly a few times, but he didn't seem to hear her. She got up and walked to him, pulling on her nightgown, and tapping him once. In a frenzied action, he turned and harshly grabbed her wrist on impulse, his eyes hyper-aware. Realizing it was Chidinma, he released her wrist with a sigh of relief and an apology.

But, Chidinma thought nothing of it. After all, she had her own demons.

Now, they were both on a private plane and Chidinma stared out of the window, with a smile, to gaze at the beautiful sky filled with white clouds. Her small smile turned into a frown as she suddenly remembered the plane she was on less than 17 years ago that departed from Nigeria and the pain and numbness she felt. The bruises on Chidinma's wrists and her three-year-old sister's small cries as her aunt rocked her. Her eyes began filling with tears and she shut her window sharply.

She turned to face Xante, who was typing on his phone. Chidinma folded her arms and placed a smile on her face, "Mr. Deliano, are you going to tell me where you're taking me?"

Not looking up from his phone, Xante replied, "Dr. Deliano, if I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise," Then, he looked up at her and gave her a sexy smile and a wink, "-now would it?"

"What are you even doing on that phone?" Chidinma asked humorously and stood up to go behind Xante, carefully watching his movements. He didn't even flinch and continued his typing. Chidinma saw him writing an email in response to his assistant's email and a small smile came on her face when she realized he was willingly letting her see his phone.