C H A P T E R N I N E***

Song: Before You Wake Up by Adekunle Gold

IT WAS THE WEDNESDAY before their individual Bach parties and they were both in Xante's house, working on details for the wedding

IT WAS THE WEDNESDAY before their individual Bach parties and they were both in Xante's house, working on details for the wedding. It was absolutely unbelievable that they were getting married in 3 months and as Xante looked over at Chidinma, who was biting her lip in though as she organized seating plans, he realized that he was looking forward to calling her his.

However, it was a little difficult agreeing on the bigger details like amount of people to invite, a conversation that went like this:

"We should get married on Lake Como in Italy. My grandparents got married there. It's stunning with the mountains and the lake. We can fly everyone down and get married in a villa," He reasoned and Chidinma thought for a second and pulled out her phone, looking up the city on the lake in Lombardy, Italy.

"It is beautiful. There's this villa, Villa Balbiano, with a huge backyard and lake access. The place really is stunning," Chidinma said, getting excited as she scrolled through various links, "There's a hotel nearby, though I don't know if it can fit 500-"

Xante thought he heard her wrong and paused from drinking his water, "I'm sorry, 500?"

"Yeah, my mom alone is bringing 350. Plus, Nigerians bring everybody and their neighbors to weddings, so spill-over will probably be 700,"

"Yeah, no," Xante threw back, "I don't even know 500 people. 150 at maximum,"

Chidinma looked at him incredulously as she mused, "I thought I'm supposed to have the wedding of my dreams,"

Xante sighed as he sat on the black, velvet couch, "Yes mi amore, the wedding of your dreams, not your mother's. You and I get 60 people each and our parents bring 15 per family. Italian families are also huge, but you don't see me inviting all of them,"

The sun had already began to set when Xante heard Chidinma's stomach give a loud grumble next to him. He closed his work and moved towards the kitchen to make her something to eat, a grin on her face at her embarrassment. When Chidinma tried to get up from her position on the island stool to help, Xante objected.

"Oh, no. I'm cooking for you, doctor. Sit,"

A shy smile came upon her face as she watched him chop vegetables for their appetizer, and boil pasta and mix in the sauce and seasonings for their main course. Xante loved to cook, it provided him with an escape from the heavy work of his office. That and the grand piano in his living room. After Xante had achieved what he thought was a perfect salad and an even more perfect plate of penne pasta, that he made spicy just for the woman in front of him, he placed two plates next to each other. Then, as he reached for the wine in his cooler, Chidinma interrupted.

"Not wine. You are driving me home today,"

Xante grinned, went to the fridge and grabbed mango juice. He sat and watched as she took a bite of the salad and moaned.