C H A P T E R T H I R T Y- T W O

Song: Silence by Marshmello ft. Khalid

A WEEK PASSED by Xante and Chioma decided to use an air ambulance to fly Chidinma back to Los Angeles, just so she could be nearer to home

A WEEK PASSED by Xante and Chioma decided to use an air ambulance to fly Chidinma back to Los Angeles, just so she could be nearer to home. It was a good thing too, staying in Italy was driving him insane. Knowing that a place he called his home was the reason that his current home was in a coma.

When they arrived in Los Angeles, Chidinma was flown into the helipad of Victoria General Hospital, the same one she worked at. The helicopter doors opened up to showcase her fellow doctors and nurses who showed their sympathy for her situation, then all promised to keep her at maximum comfort level. They rolled her into one of the exclusive suites, one with a breathtaking view of LA and the Hills.

"Just a week, then she's gonna wake up," Chioma exclaimed, excitedly as she combed through her sister's messy hair, trying to make it presentable, 2 weeks later. She had insisted on doing this, because apparently, Chidinma would have a fit if her hair wasn't shampooed and conditioned when she woke up.

Xante looked down at his fingers with blood embedded underneath his fingernails and absently replied, "Yeah, a week,"

Looking up at him with a pitied expression, Chioma spoke gently, "When was the last time you slept, Xante?"

Sleep. What a privilege. He looked up at her with tired gray orbs and dark eye bags. His raven curls were growing into a messy field on his head. Xante looked like shit. However, his looks were not the matter. What mattered was catching Soliso by working his way through her family's mediocre cartel. If working was another word for killing. All Xante knew was that someone needed to pay and that person would be Angela Soliso. If it meant that he had to murder everyone who ever called themselves her family for that to happen, then why not?

Xante tried to give her a reassuring smile, but all he felt his lips do was a small tug at the corners. He shook his head, "I am fine Chioma. In fact, I am going home, right now,"

"Okay," She reasoned, hazel orbs concerned, "But, I'm just worried about you. That you would drown yourself in all sorts of vices,"

"Whatever gave you that impression?" He inquired sarcastically.

Chioma became serious as she gestured to his fingers, with a nonchalant shrug, "The literal blood on your hands," Xante sighed and tucked his hands in his pockets, "I would check up on you, but I have another way to do that,"

Xante raised his thick brow, in complete disbelief at the audacity the child in front of him had. Scoffing, he walked out of the hospital room, leaving the girl and Chidinma in the hands of four bodyguards. He drove home at a dangerous speed, the purr of his engine filling his ears as he refused to play any music. Because that was what Chidinma did. She would connect her phone's Bluetooth to the speakers and blast music as they drove together.

Suddenly, his chest tightened and he stepped on the gas.

When Xante arrived home, his chef, Anita greeted him next to the gardener, Anthony. Then he heard it.