stockholm syndrome

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐦 𝐬𝐲𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞in which he reluctantly falls in love with his kidnapper

𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐦 𝐬𝐲𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞
in which he reluctantly falls in love with his kidnapper.
inspired by the song "stockholm syndrome" {one direction}

word count: 2,053

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Spencer Reid remembers every detail of his kidnapping. His eidetic memory wasn't the catalyst in doing so, but his sole fascination with the circumstances. His collection of memories began the second his eyes fluttered open, revealing his new living quarters – a dimly lit basement that housed nothing but a mattress he sat on, a sheet covering him, a restraint on his ankle tying him to a structural pole, and a bucket beside him. There was one aspect of his situation though that Spencer couldn't clarify – the kidnapper.

For the first few days, this unsub presented themselves as mysterious, shadow-like as they failed to speak to Spencer whenever they came down to see him. They stuck strictly to providing bland meals and disposing of the designated bathroom bucket, never answering Spencer's questions or requests. It must've been two weeks before Spencer received the first sentence from his kidnapper.

          "Why won't you talk to me?" Spencer remembered trying to outwit them. "My team – I know they'll be coming to find me soon. Might as well try and help your case now."

The criminal solely stared in his direction, decked in all black attire and a ski mask. Spencer couldn't detect their micro expressions, but despite their muffled whisper, the first sentence allowed him to pick up on the soft tone.

"You're never gonna get away."

From that moment on, Spencer Reid would
practically sing about being free. However, after he deduced that his kidnapper was a woman, he would've never expected to have changed his mind.

          He didn't know what day it was when she finally took off her mask. She had come down to feed him, but before she commenced her routinely walk up the creaky staircase, Spencer piped up.

          "Wait," he ordered, tempting her to freeze before the first step. "If you're going to keep me here for this long, you might as well tell me your name."

          She never gave in to his demands in the past, so Spencer's shock definitely overtook him when she spun back around and approached him. She squatted at the end of the mattress, allowing Spencer to catch a glimpse of her [y/color] eyes. "Why would I do that?" she taunted, elbows on her knees and chin resting in the palm of one hand. Her fingers tapped against her temple. "So when you're freed you can just turn me in?"