you & jennifer

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝐲𝐨𝐮 & 𝐣𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐫in which you lose him to jj

𝐲𝐨𝐮 & 𝐣𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐫
in which you lose him to jj.
inspired by the song "you & jennifer" {bülow}

word count: 2,496

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

          When the elevator doors opened to the sixth floor, you energetically skipped out into the bustling lobby of the Behavioral Analysis Unit. The pep in your step caused the coffee in the cup you held to swish back and forth, almost splashing through the lid's opening. You exchanged casual greetings with the employees passing by as you made your way through the bullpen doors. Your eyes drifted towards the desk of Spencer Reid, your boyfriend of almost a year. Despite his absence at his chair, you walked over and placed the coffee on his desk.

          "Hey, [y/n]!"

          You peeked over your shoulder, Emily Prentiss giving you a wave as she approached her own desk. "Hi, Em," you replied eagerly.

          Emily took a seat in her spinning chair. "Here for Reid?"

You nodded with a small smile, glancing quickly back to Spencer's empty seat. "Uh, yeah. I was in the area, so I figured I'd stop by and surprise him with some coffee."

"You're the sweetest," Emily complimented, a blush forming on your face. "I haven't seen him yet today, though."

"That's okay. I can hang – "

"Speak of the devil."

Emily was now pointing to the entrance to the bullpen, so you followed her finger to what she was indicating. Walking inside were Spencer and JJ, laughing with cups of coffee in each of their hands. Your natural light diminished when you realized your surprise would be of no use for him. When Spencer saw you at his desk, his nose scrunched with joy to compliment his now steady grin.

"[Y/n]!" he beamed, speed-walking ahead of JJ. "What are you doing here?" He put his things down quickly before engulfing you in a loving hug.

You accepted the gesture willingly, taking in the smell of his sweater. You were expected to be met with his familiar, signature scent mix of cedarwood and spice. However, while you pressed your cheek to his chest, your nose received something different – sweet vanilla. You brushed the change off, figuring he was experimenting with new cologne. Vanilla, you couldn't help but think to yourself. Probably accidentally bought from the women's section again.