forbidden

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧in which you're hotch's daughter, and one of his profilers is off limits

𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧
in which you're hotch's daughter, and one of his profilers is off limits.

word count: 2,804

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"Beth, I'm back!" you called from the front door as you stumbled into your house, managing to hang on to various grocery bags. "Do you want this stuff in the kitchen?"

"Yeah, thats fine, hon," Beth sweetly replied back, voice echoing from the kitchen she was currently working in.

You carried the bags through the house all the way to the kitchen island, where you dropped them with a heavy sigh. You placed your palms on the counter, heavy breaths escaping your lips. Beth, who was plating some cheese and crackers, turned around to you, giggling at your exhaustion. "I asked you to get groceries, not run a marathon," she teased, joining you at the counter.

You rolled your eyes, "I'm not one to grocery shop myself, you know. It's a team process with my
roommates." You picked through one of the bags, pulling out the chocolate chips you purchased. "Can I have some?"

Beth took the morsels from your hand with a regretful smile. "You know I'd let you, but if I did, there wouldn't be enough for the cookies."

"Fair enough," you shrugged, helping her take out the rest of the things you bought.

Tonight was the annual B.A.U. Christmas party. In years past, either David Rossi or Penelope Garcia volunteered to host, but with Beth being an avid party person, she insisted for your father, Aaron Hotchner, to offer you their home for the night. You were home for the holidays from medical school, and you were to be meeting your dad's team for the first time. Between school, work, and internships, you never got around to formally meeting all of them, so you were excited to be introduced to the people that your dad spent most of his time with. However, with a party comes lots of preparation, so you had to lend a helping hand to Beth in getting everything ready before the team came over straight from work that night.

"Wanna do me a big favor and start the cookie batter?" Beth asked you, separating all the ingredients needed for the dessert.

You nodded willingly, "Sure, but I'm studying to be a doctor, not a chef. Don't count on these being worth five stars."

"It's just following a recipe, [y/nickname]. I believe in you."

As you started to pour ingredients into measuring cups, you began to wonder about how the night will go. "Hey, Beth?" you pondered aloud, secretly popping a handful of chocolate chips in your mouth.