truth or dare

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞in which you reveal the secret you swore you'd take to the grave

𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞
in which you reveal the secret you swore you'd take to the grave.
inspired by season 14, episode 15

word count: 1,865

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

          You were used to sticky situations. Being a profiler at the Behavioral Analysis Unit, you were forced to deal with the most prolific, psychopathic killers in the world, so you were no stranger to being face to face in a showdown with one. At least, that's what you thought before tonight. Casey Allen Pinker was giving you and Spencer Reid a run for your money.

          A series of shootings in broad daylight brought you and the team to Los Angeles, California, where you learned the hard way that this unsub, Pinker, was thriving off of punishing pawns from his past. The game that allegedly birthed his criminal record was truth or dare, so you were certain to keep that in mind when Emily Prentiss dispatched you and Spencer to a local bank in hopes to track down the Pinker. You were successful in locating him, along with a trial judge he kidnapped, but things took a turn for the worst when Pinker put the place under lockdown, trapping himself, the judge, another hostage, you, and Spencer inside.

          You tried to remain confident in you and Spencer's profiling skills. You were both two of the best in your field, and you've talked down various unsubs before. However, your attempts turned into failures when Pinker tied up you and Spencer. You kept sending the doctor looks as you watched Pinker devolve on the phone with who you assumed to be was someone from your team. Spencer's puppy-dog eyes didn't reassure you in the slightest, and it was then that you realized you were stuck.

          "Truth or dare, Judge?" Pinker asked the woman he kidnapped. She stared at him with terror in her eyes as he grabbed her wrist viciously. "Truth or dare?!"

          "Casey," you spoke strongly, the man defensively putting the judge in a headlock. He waved his gun in your direction, but you remained calm. "If the judge doesn't want to play, then I will."

          You kept your focus on Pinker, but you could feel Spencer's concerned gaze on you. "Alright," Pinker gave in, releasing the judge and approaching you. The gun was now pointed directly at your forehead, but you refused to flinch. "If I even have a hunch that you're lying, I'll blow pretty boy's brains out. Truth or dare?" he sneered, sending Spencer daggers.

          You swallowed hard, the pressuring weighing on you knowing that Spencer's life was now more at stake. "Truth."