bullets

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐬in which he's shot, and your world stops

𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐬
in which he's shot, and your world stops.

word count: 2,099

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

It wasn't everyday that your parents were in Quantico, Virginia. With your boyfriend of a year and a half, Spencer Reid, out on a case in Los Angeles for the weekend, you were more than willing to spend a lot of quality time with your mother and father. When they arrived in the city on Saturday, you acted as a tour guide and showed them all of your favorite spots – shops, parks, restaurants. You decided that, as a treat, you would cook them dinner back at yours and Spencer's apartment. They were impressed with the chicken parmesan you had mastered from Pinterest, and it seemed like the perfect end to a perfect first day. It was around eight-thirty when you all finished up dinner. You did some dishes while you continued to chat with your parents sitting at the table. However, your conversation was interrupted by your phone buzzing on the counter next to you. One dish in hand, you excused yourself briefly and picked up without checking caller ID. "Hello?"

"[Y/n]? Oh, thank God."

You could recognize that voice anywhere, but it was more frantic than normal. Your brow furrowed, "Penelope? Yeah, it's me. What's up?"

The eccentric analyst paused, and you could feel your heart thumping harder in your chest. "I–I don't know how to say this. I know you're spending time with your parents, so – "

"Just tell me," you urged her on, the suspense killing you. "It's fine."

"Reid was badly shot. Twice."

All of a sudden, your parents' side conversation fuzzed to white noise, as did the water rushing in front of you. You felt your body tremble, and in a matter of seconds, the glass plate you held slipped from your fingers, crashing into a thousand pieces on the tile. Your parents silenced quickly, shifting their focus to you with wide eyes.

"[Y/nickname], what was that?" your mom was startled. Nothing she could have said would have mattered in that moment, though. You were too busy trying to comprehend the information Penelope Garcia was feeding you.

"He wanted to build rapport with the unsub, so he went in without a vest. The first bullet grazed his neck, but the second hit his stomach. The team had to stay back to book the unsub, but I'm on my way to the Los Angeles Community Hospital now. He's probably going to be rushed into surgery."