easier

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐫in which he thinks it's easier to hate you than to love you

𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐫
in which he thinks it's easier to hate you than to love you.
inspired by a sound from moooonpies on tik tok

word count: 1,647

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

You were living your dream life at the Behavioral Analysis Unit. Yes, the hours were all over the place and yes, the stuff you saw was gruesome, but there was nothing more rewarding to you than saving a life. Being the youngest profiler the unit has ever employed, you often received a immense praise for your work in the field and behind the scenes. Your colleagues were your closest friends, and the memories you've made with them will forever be cherished. You were very thankful for the joyous things your career has brought you.

Spencer Reid was not one of those things.

He was the FBI's golden boy, blessed with an IQ of 187 and the ability to read 20,000 words per minute. His eidetic memory contributed monumental advancements to your cases, and frankly, without him, the B.A.U.'s solved rate would negatively fluctuate. His essentiality made him untouchable, and if it weren't for his cold, irritable attitude towards you, you would hold him up on the same pedestal as the rest of the Bureau did.

As you walked into the conference room one Tuesday morning, nothing was out of the ordinary. You were welcomed by your teammates, Spencer excluded, and then you were briefed on your upcoming case that would send you all to New York City. You were looking forward to it. Although you'd be restricted to work, you hadn't been to the Big Apple. You couldn't help but feel a bit of excitement.

"Wheels up in twenty," Aaron Hotchner directed following Penelope Garcia's presentation of the case. He rose from his seat, exiting the room and heading towards his office. The rest of you all stayed seated, about to make casual conversation.

"You know," you spoke up, a tiny smile
forming, "I've never been to the city."

Your friends all flashed you shocked expressions. "No way," Derek Morgan chuckled, arms crossing. "Have you been living under a rock?"

"Clearly," a voice mumbled shortly after.

There was no shock where the snarky comment came from. Your focus diverted to Spencer, who was staring at his feet with his jaw clenched. You shook the remark off your back, proceeding to talk. "I just never got around to it. Maybe you can show me around when we get there."