unpredictable

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝐮𝐧𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞in which what started as meaningless sex transformed him into someone he could've never imagined

𝐮𝐧𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞
in which what started as meaningless sex transformed him into someone he could've never imagined.

word count: 1,806

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

For the most part, you had a solid post-work routine. With days out on cases being the exceptions, you'd generally return home from a draining day at the Behavioral Analysis Unit and make yourself a hot cup of chamomile tea. Following that, you'd cuddle up on the couch and indulge in the most recent sitcom you were binging until dinner time. After cooking a subpar meal for yourself, you'd flick through the television channels until you eventually passed out. You'd wake up around 1:17 am, finally complete your nighttime routine, and, alas, rightfully end up in your bed where you'd sleep for the rest of the now morning. It was an unconventional system, but it worked for you.

Well, that was until you flipped your entire routine on its head three months ago.

Your current post-work routine, on days without non-local cases, differed greatly from your old one. Now, it wasn't always guaranteed that you'd end up at your house after work. Most often, you were at another apartment. There, your evening would consist of steamy make out sessions, random showers, power naps, and most notably, hot sex. Again, it was an unconventional system, but it worked for you, and it worked because of who you lived it with.

Jointing the B.A.U. was one of your greatest decisions for many reasons. The career was so fulfilling, you found a new family, and the overwhelming amount of paperwork didn't bother you. However, joining the B.A.U. was one of your greatest decisions thanks to Dr. Spencer Reid. The ex-prisoner, certified genius, and prestigious PhD holder caught your eye right away. Luckily, he felt the same way about you. After a couple of months with the team, you began to notice some evident tension between you and Spencer. Not just any tension, though. Yes, he could be awkward at times, but with you, you could always cut the air with a knife.

Any time Spencer talked to you privately, he'd be sure to rest a hand on your lower back, leaning close to whisper in your ear. He would constantly just look at you, tongue sticking out slightly from between his lips in concentration while you tried your best to avoid eye contact. He went out of his way to make sure you two were paired together on cases, and that was the last straw for you to realize he was clearly flirting. Heavily intrigued by him as well, you reciprocated his amorous advances. While sitting next to one another, you'd tap your fingers on his thigh. You gave him seductive gazes of your own, bottom lip stuck between your teeth as you eyed him. If you were alone, you'd tease him by occasionally pulling at his tie, adjusting his suit jacket, and, if you were feeling confident, fiddling with his belt buckle. After weeks of mindless baiting at one another, Spencer finally invited you over to dinner at his place. One thing led to another, and you woke up in his bed naked the next morning. You didn't object, though. In fact, you proposed that you two sleep together more often. That would bring you to today, approximately three months later, where you and Spencer's chemistry has only intensified.