forbidden, part 2

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐in which you're hotch's daughter, and one of his profilers is off limits

𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐
in which you're hotch's daughter, and one of his profilers is off limits.

word count: 2,046

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

         "Spence, if you tickle me one more time, I will sock you right in the face," you scolded the genius who was lying next to you on the couch. Instead of paying attention to the movie you two had put on, he was preoccupied with tickling you precisely where you mentioned you were the most ticklish. When he reached over from the opposite side of the couch to brush his fingers against the soles of your feet, you squirmed and kicked until he got the memo.

          "Okay, okay," the boy surrendered. "Just tell your cerebellum to not be so sensitive. You're the soon-to-be neurologist, after all."

         "Shut up and watch the movie, you dork."

         It had been a little over a month since you met Spencer Reid for the first time at the B.A.U. Christmas party. It had been a little over a month since he spontaneously asked you out on a date, where you'd tremendously hit it off. It had been a little over a month since your father, Aaron Hotchner, forbid you from going out with his profiler, a demand you and the doctor have failed miserably at following.

         Seeing each other behind your father's back was a challenge, but the adrenaline rush made things interesting and exciting. You enjoyed sneaking around, and Spencer wasn't opposed to it either. No one else at the B.A.U. knew what was going on between the two of you. Beth didn't even know, although you trusted her with many of your secrets. Since you and Spencer had only gone out on a few dates, you didn't see the need to tell your dad. You convinced yourself it was the idea of a fresh relationship holding you back, but Hotch's wrath might have been the underlying motivator.

         "Hey, can we actually pause the movie?" Spencer asked, sitting up straighter. He grabbed his remote, answering his own request.

         "Well, since you've done so already," you laughed, moving to sit with your legs crossed and face him. "What's up?"

          You could tell Spencer was getting nervous. His body language was the giveaway – hunched shoulders, twiddling fingers, bitten lip. "What is it, Spence?" you urged him on.

         Spencer crossed his legs as you did, sitting closer to you than before. "I've been wanting to ask you this, but I wasn't sure if you were ready," he began, voice gentle.