i don't wanna fall in love, part 2

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐in which you two tried to be more than friends, but he's suddenly convinced that it's not going to work out

in which you two tried to be more than friends, but he's suddenly convinced that it's not going to work out.
inspired by the song "don't wanna fall in love" {kyle}

word count: 1,607

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Despite what you originally assumed, your recovery from your abrupt breakup with Spencer was....refreshing. The night you left his house after he broke the news, you were a wreck, tears clouding your vision as you managed to shakily drive back to your home. However, after letting yourself sob your troubles away, you slowly began to overcome your sorrow. You realized that if Spencer was cowardly enough to hide his feelings and dump you with no warning, he didn't deserve your time or energy. This attitude helped you to rebuild your confidence and get back on your feet, no care for feeling weak or powerless.

It had been a month since the breakup, and you were on your weekly grocery store run when you ran into an unexpected, familiar face. As you debated between what pretzel style to buy, someone called your name cheerfully. You looked up to your right, face softening at the sight.

"Oh my gosh, I've missed you!" Penelope Garcia squealed, shuffling over to you in her giant heels. She practically threw her basket down when she reached you, arms flying around you without your initial permission.

"Hey, Pen," you mumbled, the eccentric blonde squeezing the life out of you. When she pulled away, you fixed your now wrinkled blouse as Penelope continued talking.

"How are you doing? I feel like you never come around anymore," she pouted, your brow furrowing in return. Did she really not know?

You threw both pretzel bags you held into your cart, brushing imaginary debris off of your hands. "Um, well, I just don't want to intrude or anything," you struggled to come up with a good answer, mind too busy wondering what she knew about you and Spencer.

Penelope sighed, reaching her arms out to hold your shoulders. "My love, just because your not with Spencer anymore doesn't mean you can't still some say hello to me, Tara, Em, JJ, everyone else. You're just as much family as Spencer is."

The idea seemed tempting, the ability to simply go visit your girlfriends that you acquired through your relationship with Spencer. But, you were incredibly hesitant. It just didn't seem like a good idea, not matter how over him you were. "That's nice, but I probably shouldn't. I wouldn't want to make things awkward for him," you explained.