competition

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧in which you two have battled it out for everything, but it may be time for that to change

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
in which you two have battled it out for everything, but it may be time for that to change.

REQUESTED BY @potatoesplaygamestoo

word count: 2,556

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

         You had been pacing the entire day, email pulled up on your computer. Today was the day – the day you were going to find out whether or not you got the job as a profiler at the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit.

         Working for the B.A.U. was always your number one goal. Finishing high school at twelve and graduating as valedictorian from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, you were a textbook genius. You were confident that your IQ of 184 would place you high on the totem pole for incoming FBI applicants, but there was a certain something that could stand in your way. Well, someone.

         Dr. Spencer Reid.

         Although you had your fair share of Ph.D.'s – three, to be exact - the seemingly incomparable Dr. Reid continuously was a roadblock when applying for professional opportunities. Although the other genius graduated from California Institute of Technology, you met in high school. Despite not going to the same school, the word of two geniuses from the same state spread fast. Within days of both of your high school graduations, you were thrown into various town interviews and events together where you were forced to proclaim to the public all of your accomplishments. The community loved the both of you; you were intellectual phenomenons, after all. But, you developed a few choice feelings for him over time, as he did for you.

         After high school, your community kept up with the both of you, plastering your achievements in weekly newspapers and local television segments. For this reason, you were both continuously in an unspoken competition with one another. As teenagers at the time you first met, the two of you didn't have too many hard feelings. However, as you got older, you both ended up keeping track of the other's every move. Whenever Spencer won an award, he'd contact you. Any time you were recognized by your university, you'd shoot him a snarky text. What made it all worse was the fact that you both had the same long-term goal – becoming a profiler.

         The FBI was a difficult entity to be accepted into, nevermind the B.A.U. After completing the FBI academy side by side, all that was left for you and Spencer to do was wait. As you walked laps around your bedroom, you prayed that for once, you'd finally secure the edge over him. You thought you had been pacing for hours until your laptop finally made a pinging noise. Jumping in surprise, you rushed to the screen, eyes bulging at the most recent email from B.A.U. Unit Chief, Aaron Hotchner. With a deep breath, you opened the email anxiously. When you read the words sent to you, you couldn't have grabbed your phone faster.