trope

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞in which you and him have fallen victim to the cliché

𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞
in which you and him have fallen victim to the cliché.

REQUESTED BY @ang4lic_

word count: 2,561

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"Well, hello, lover boy," you chirped, pushing away from your desk and crossing your legs in your seat. Entering the bullpen from the lobby was Spencer Reid, heading straight for your workspace. He wore a dissatisfied half-smile that was courtesy of your teasing. The genius took a seat on the edge of your desk, which is when you really noticed that he held a tiny paper bag in his hand.

"Wow," he sighed, waving the bag in front of you. "I was going to give you this muffin that I so kindly brought you this morning, but now, maybe I won't."

You snatched it from his grasp, eagerly peeking inside the bag. The sweet, fresh baked aroma greeted you, and your mouth watered as you stared at the delicious pastry. "I will be diving into this now," you grabbed the muffin, placing it on top of the bag and beginning to strip it of its wrapping. "Thank you, though. You're so thoughtful."

Spencer beamed as he watched you dig in. "So," you spoke with your mouthful, "tell me all about your date last night. Was she nice? Did you kiss her?"

"It was, uh," Spencer began, now fidgeting in his seat, "good. It was good."

Your brow rose as your chewing paused. "Don't lie to me. I'm a profiler, too, you know."

Spencer laughed, knowing well he wouldn't be able to hide his real feelings for long. "I don't know, [y/nickname]. I just didn't get the vibe I wanted," he opened up, truly wondering what was so unsatisfying about his date the night before.

You patted his leg, shooting him a reassuring look. "I'm sorry, Spence. As much as that totally sucks, it only means you're one step closer to finding the one! That's exciting, right?"

Spencer nodded, lips pursed. "Yeah, I guess you're right. You always are."

"That's what I like to hear!" you cheered, winking playfully. "Hey, by the way, you'll never guess what kind of movie I watched last night."

Spencer's eyebrows furrowed. "Hm," he pretended to ponder. "Could it be a best friends to lovers trope?"

You clapped your hands ecstatically. "Yep!"