Survival Test

(A/N: This chapter was a bit long. I'm sorry about that ><)

(Y/N)'s POV

Disembarking took longer than I thought it would, probably because the teachers guarded the students on both sides as they got off the ship and checked their luggage. Our phones were taken away from us, so we're basically being cut off from the outside world, while living in this deserted island for one-week period.

After a short briefing with Chabashira-sensei, we formed a group in front of the items, with Hirata started to analyze the current situation.

Hirata: First, let's review what we know.

He was reading a guidebook that was provided by the teacher along the survival kits.

Hirata: The school gave us two tents for eight, two flashlights, one box of matches, backpacks of amenities for everyone here, sunblock for the women...

Kushida: A whole week with only this?

Ike: A survival test on a deserted island? For real?

Still, there were some of our classmates still seemed dissatisfied with the current situation.

I glanced at Horikita while listening to the briefing. Yet, Horikita still not her usual self, she wrapped her arms and embracing herself.

(Y/N): ...

Hirata: We're on our own for food. We have to survive outdoors until noon seven days from now.

While everyone was in tensed, Yamauchi tried to calm them down.

Yamauchi: But remember what the teachers said? We're still free to swim in the ocean and hold barbecues and stuff.

Hirata: Only if we spend some of the 300 special test S-points we were given.

He flipped through the guidebook.

Hirata: There's a wide range of things we can buy with points. Food, drinking water, tools for a barbecue...

Yamauchi: But you're not gonna use them?

Hirata: Well, any S-points we have left when the test is over will be added to our class points...

Ike: If we can tough it out for a week, we'll get 30,000 a month! That's 30,000 a month!

Some of the students' grim expressions grew calmer.

Then, Hirata flipped to another page of the guidebook. Karuizawa, who stood near him leaned closer and looked.

Karuizawa: What's that?

Hirata: A list of things we lose points for. Illness and serious injuries. Pollution of the surrounding environment. Absence at morning and evening roll calls. Violence against or stealing from the other classes.

Karuizawa: There was a way to get more points, wasn't there?

Hirata: Each time we secure certain "spots" around the island, we get bonus points.

(Y/N): So the theme of the special exam is "freedom to choose."

I spoke to Horikita that stood behind the group.

Horikita: It seems so. If we do this right, we could close the distance to the upper classes.

She then checked on the wristwatch on her left wrist.

Horikita: This thing is so restrictive...

(Y/N): Really? What about the bracelet that I bought for you?