Paper Shuffle

(Y/N)'s POV

Flashback

(Y/N): He needs help! Why don't you adults do something about that?

"Return to your room. Don't make me repeat myself."

(Y/N): But—

"You there. Tow him away."

(Y/N): Hands off. I can walk. Tch.

...

"That kid. Looks like he haven't completely indoctrinated. And his emotional outburst are getting more frequent."

"Yes. You're right. By any means, he should be expelled from here long time ago. I wonder what the director is thinking."

"I heard that this kid's abilities are almost on equal term with the director's son. The data showed some significant results too."

"For now, just enhance the indoctrination process. If the problem still appeared to be unsolvable, we will solve it by ourselves."

...

Flashback end

(Y/N): Ouch!

A book fell on top of my face and snapped me back to reality.

Horikita: What are you doing?

(Y/N): The book... fell down.

I said while rubbing my injured nose.

Horikita: Unbelievable. How can you doze off while reading just like that?

She sighed while browsing her phone. Currently, I was hanging out in Horikita's room. I was laying my head on her lap and enjoying the one novel that I borrowed from the library until my thought was strayed away by the recent incident with Sakayanagi. That conversation between two adults was the last thing I heard before I was taken away. Until now I hadn't recall back any events that happened during my stay in the White Room. Probably the memories are starting to emerge from my subconscious mind after talking with Sakayanagi. Well, that's nothing much I can do about it anyway. So I keep it to myself without showing any signs.

(Y/N): I can't help it. Your lap pillow is comfortable.

She blushed slightly and looked at me.

Horikita: T-That's because you keep begging me for it.

(Y/N): And you comply to my request.

Horikita looked away and huffed.

(Y/N): Are you mad?

Horikita: Do I look mad to you?

(Y/N): Well, there's something blocking my view. So I can't see your face—

Without waiting for me to finish my sentence, Horikita jabbed me in my ribs with much force than usual. Immediately, I got up while using my hand to pressure the sore spot.

(Y/N): I'm kidding! Y-You hit harder than usual.

Horikita: That was unnecessary comment.

(Y/N): My bad.

I tried to change the subject while relieving my pain.

(Y/N): Anyway, the student council will hold an election tomorrow.

Horikita: Yes. I'm aware of that. We, as the first-year students have to attend the ceremony as well.

(Y/N): Sigh. This gonna be a long day.