Resolution

...

Ike: And it's all Sudou's fault. That sucks.

Yamauchi: Another month of living with zero points... Sensei said the compensation points will be forfeited as well.

Shinohara: Maybe we'd have been better off if he had been expelled.

Satou: I hear you...

Meanwhile, I was lying on my desk, while Horikita stood beside my seat and looked outside.

(Y/N): Looks like our 'date' had to be postponed.

Horikita: Despite the circumstances, you're still worried about our 'date'?

(Y/N): Of course. It was my first time ever going out on date with a girl, though.

Horikita simply shook her head.

Horikita: You're hopeless.

(Y/N): Without you, I would be. You're my 'hope', after all.

I did it again, didn't I?

Horikita: Mou... Be serious, will you?

(Y/N): Alright, alright.

I looked at the window beside me, and I could see that the reflection of Horikita, clearly she was mad instead of flattered. I'd better stop teasing her now.

Horikita: Do you agree with them? That Sudou-kun should have been expelled.

She quickly changed the subject.

I raised my head up and looked in front.

(Y/N): I don't have an opinion. What do you think, as one of the people who helped him?

Horikita: At the moment, we have zero points. Even if we had penalized for losing someone to expulsion, we couldn't have lost any more.

(Y/N): Yeah, sure, I guess.

I leaned on my hand.

Horikita: What? I don't like the way you said that.

(Y/N): You never know when we might be experiencing losses or gains we can't see.

Horikita crossed her arm and looked at me.

Horikita: What does that mean?

(Y/N): There might be negative point values we're gaining that we just aren't shown. Demerits for an expulsion might not hit us now, but rather, in the future. For instance, "no expulsion" might be a condition for ascending to Class A.

Horikita: You're splitting hairs.

(Y/N): We don't know how the school system works. If you want to reach Class A, you should eliminate any threats to that goal you can concieve of. Besides, Sudou's athletic, and he has good standing in his club. He might come in handy-

Then, Hirata stood in front of the class and gathered everyone attention.

Hirata: Everyone, listen to me.

We all landed our gazes on him.

Hirata: I want to trust my classmates. Why don't we work together to hunt for witnesses and clues?

Karuizawa raised her hand and agreed with Hirata.

Karuizawa: Cool, I'm in!

Shinohara: If you want to, Hirata-kun...

Kushida: I'm in too! If we don't believe in him, who will?

Yamauchi: If Kushida-chan says so...