Birthday present

(A/N: Prepare yourself for another long chapter! Btw, I'll be busy again until next week. So... this chapter is a compensation for my absences on the following days XD)

(Y/N)'s POV

I was walking with Horikita to the medical room to get checked up as we were trapped in the elevator. On the way I was explaining how I could befriend with Katsuragi, one of the leaders in Class A. 

Flashback

This particular story began one week before Horikita and I ended up stuck in an elevator, when I received a message from Kushida, the class sweetheart.

"Next Wednesday is Inogashira-san's birthday. Would you care to celebrate with us?"

That sort of message had been sent to our chat group, in fact. Inogashira, by the way, is plain and quiet girl from Class D. A type similar to Sakura. She doesn't have many friends, so the story here is to make friends with her for her birthday event. Of course, Ike jumped at the invitation, for a blatantly obvious reason: he liked Kushida and wanted to be in her good graces. He'd probably use this event as a way to get closer to her. What a simpleton.

He sent a message to the boys' group, that reads,

"You got a message from Kikyou-chan too, right? Let's get some presents for Kokoro-chan!"

Ike did everything he could to get us to give our consent, but Yamauchi's response was slow.

"But even if you say that, I don't have money.....I should be getting more next month though."

He's right. The students of Class D are basically broke right now. In the special exams that took place a while ago, certain results were achieved and certain students were promised a large amount of private points but sadly those points will only be handed out on the 1st of September. I, toohad used up most of my points and so currently I have almost no remaining balance.

"Isn't it all right if the guys just pool their points and buy her one present? In that case, we should be able to buy her a proper gift, even if it's just 500 points."

I offered a proposal. If so, even Yamauchi should be able to accept that too but it seems his financial situation is just the bare minimum. It seems to be truly cut short and he himself is being forced to live a life of poverty.

In the end, all three of them agreed with my proposition after some considerations. We decided to go out and buy the present together.

...

Man, the heat is burning inside me. I wiped the sweat off my forehead as I met with the others.

Ike: But...why is Kikyou-chan not here?! Huh, (L/N)?! She's the most important person!

The first thing Ike asked me when I met up with him was asking me about the absence of Kushida.

(Y/N): Hey. It's not that I was in charge of Kushida's schedule. Think about it calmly, Kushida never said she'd go along with us. It's probably just that.

Ike: I'm unsatisfied with your excuse! If Kikyou-chan isn't here, there's no meaning to this.

Leaving aside Ike and the others who were getting overly excited on their own, it seems Kushida invited her other girl friends and went out shopping.

Yamauchi: So I have no choice but to go pre-shopping with a bunch of bastards that I'm not even interested in, that's sad!

I can understand his feelings in wanting to scream out, but I too, don't wish to go out together with a bunch of sad men like them. Now that I think about it, it was the first time I'd hung out with other guys during summer vacation, besides the special tests. But it seems they consider it normal to go shopping with friends and watching movies with them.