A Group of Loners

(Y/N)'s POV

Days flew by until the time came when Yukimura started up the fifth study session.  We had previously met at Pallet, but today we agreed to meet at the cafe inside Keyaki Mall. Pallet was expected to be extremely packed, as all groups had suspended activities in order for students to concentrate on the final.

Yukimura: Sure enough, it's noisier than I expected.

Yukimura was surprised by the number of students inside the cafe. We managed to secure our seats, but the cafe was nearly full. Study groups encompassing all grades were starting around us.

(Y/N): Do you think we should change to a more quieter place?

Yukimura: You're right. We should have done this either in library or at the gym. No one's using it right?

Hasebe: Nah. It's easier to do it here. I doubt that the library isn't full of students either. Right, Miyacchi?

Miyake: Yeah. And I don't want a stuffed robotic bear catch us by surprise us if we study at the gym.

That sounds familiar. But I'm gonna disregard it.

Yukimura: Well, you're the ones studying here, so if you say you can concentrate, I'll believe you. I have prepared the materials for today.

As they were handed notebooks crammed with liberal arts questions that targeted their inadequacies, the two of them prepared apathetically.

Hasebe: Geez. You went a little too far on the questions. You're ruthless, Yukimuu.

I was sure this was torturous for her because she didn't particularly enjoy studying, let alone studying her weakest subject. Miyake, on the other hand, appeared to be about to puke. While reading the notepad, he kept his hands over his tummy. I casually smirked as it didn't went unnoticed by Hasebe. She pointed at me and said.

Hasebe: Hey, why does (L/N)-chi don't have to do these questions? It's sooo unfair!

(Y/N): (L/N)...-chi?

Yukimura, as if waiting for Hasebe to ask that, pushed his glasses up his nose bridge and said.

Yukimura: Of course I have. Here you go, (L/N).

He then handed me a notebook similar to the one that were given to Hasebe and Miyake.

(Y/N): Wait, what?

Yukimura: Your grades are adequate, but your partner is Satou. To avoid being kicked out together, you'll need to thoroughly prepare and review.

(Y/N): No, actually—

With her bangs dangling, Hasebe's head droops like a ghost. She clutches my hand, as if attempting to drag me to the bottom of a well. Then, she slowly approached and whispered.

Hasebe: Come on, do it with us, (L/N)-chi. We shall die together.

Miyake let out a sigh and turned it into a weak smile.

Miyake: Just give in to her, (L/N). Or you will never hear the end of it.

Hasebe: Hehe... Welcome~~

(Y/N): 'I'll be damned...'

I was dragged away by a chilling creepy voice and swallowed up by the darkness of liberal arts questions.

...

I was capable to finish the liberal arts questions given by Yukimura as soon as possible. Then again, I'd kept dragged on purposely so that Yukimura finally convinced that I'm mediocre in academics. During the study sessions, Hasebe attempted to peek on my answers and was often caught by Yukimura. Time passed slowly as Hasebe began to gossip to dissipate the boring atmosphere.