Bleak Situation

(Y/N)'s POV

The next competition was capture the flag. Though simple, it was still a fierce and slightly dangerous event.

Before the match, Sudou was trying to inspire the Class A and D guys assembled in front of him. However, they were facing off against the guys from Class B, led by Kanzaki and Shibata, and from Class C, led by Ryuuen. In the Class C's team, there's particular formidable individuals, such as Sakazaki and Komiya, who were both involved in the quarrel with Sudou a while back, and there's also the brawny half-Japanese half-black student named Yamada.

Whether there are plenty of or not enough students in each class, right now there's nothing to do but fight after taking our current forces into account. The rules of the match dictate that the group that makes two captures wins. During their discussion earlier, Katsuragi and Hirata have decided that their classes will be alternating between offense and defense. For now, the Class D students would take the offensive role first, while Class A students prioritize to protect the flag.

The offensive team, led by Sudou, were well-prepared and waited in the front line while the defensive team, led by Katsuragi, were checking their defensive formation over and over again to build up an iron-clad defense.

Naturally, blatant acts of violence like punching and kicking are prohibited but a certain degree of entanglement would probably be overlooked by the school.

Ike: Ugh. I'm starting to feel a little scared. This is the first time I've played capture the flag.

(Y/N): Well. This is a first for me too.

Ike: Seriously, dude!? We're doomed!

While we talked, the signal went off. Sudou charged in headfirst, ahead of everyone else. Soon the more assertive players followed right after him.

Ike: This is bad. C-Come on! I don't want to get killed by Ken for dragging the team down.

Ike, Yamauchi and I, the ones not suited for conflict, followed slowly behind the more proactive group. Much like us, the coalition force of Class B and Class C has also divided its classes up cleanly between offense and defense. In the first round, it seems like it's going to be Class B defending the flag on their side.

It was forbidden for an attacking team to come into contact with the other side's attacking team. The rules stated that the offense had to focus as much as possible on capturing the flag.

As the offensive team advances, A number of students on the defending team surrounded our main force, Sudou.

Sudou: Hey you guys, follow quickly! I'll clear the way for you!

However, the latter was unfazed and shouts out to the advancing group following from behind him without looking back. Of course, it wasn't that simple. As the situation grew increasingly chaotic, the players kicked up dust to cloud the air. I relied on the Class B students to overcome that situation without being useful nor a hindrance.

Sudou: Shit. Just how many of you are gonna come after me?!

Three or four male students pushed back at Sudou with their bodies and even his strength was surpassed. The advancing group got cut off just as they were on the brink of breaking through. Class D's problem was that, despite Sudou's offensive and penetrative powers, no one else could claim to be particularly strong.

On the contrary, the Red Team's flag, which Class A had been protecting, looked slightly askew. The opposite offensive group was full of violent people like Sudou. And there's one Yamada guy too. If we have a scuffle against each other, it's clear who has the advantage and who's at a disadvantage.