Cruise Ship Special Test

(A/N: It took a quite amount of time for me to write the new chapter. Sorry about that.)

(Y/N)'s POV

It'd been three days since the end of that special test on the island. No other exciting events had occurred aboard the luxurious cruise ship that the Advanced Nurturing High School had provided for us, and we were enjoying the respite.

It went without saying that time spent on a deserted island had caused a bunch of young, rambunctious students like us to lose our minds. We, the guys, were basically beasts—sex-starved carnivores. While we watched the girls chattering and dilly-dallying like herbivores, the boys waited for an opening like the predators that we are.

This luxurious cruise ship, equipped with everything, felt like a dream come true. This trip let us forget everything unpleasant. It wouldn't have been strange to fall in love here. Rumor had it that many couples had come together on this trip.

Things went pretty well between Horikita and I. She made me  promised her not to show any kinds of affection to her in the public, but still, I think that's how our relationship works, I guess...?

Putting that aside, the test hadn't really changed my situation... No, that wasn't quite true. My environment had begun to change. Against my will, I'd been tasked with a major course correction. I'd originally come to this school for a certain reason.

"Contact with anyone outside is forbidden until graduation."

That rule was the reason I entered. However, a certain man had been forcibly trying to establish contact with me. Chabashira-sensei, my homeroom teacher, told me that. Then Chabashira-sensei threatened to expel me from this paradise should I refuse to work toward Class A. However, it was 'him' that expelled me before, but now, why did he wants get in touch with me, and interfere with my peaceful school life?

That troubling thought lasted only a second, though. My mind returned to its normal, blank way of thinking. I sighed looked out the window.

(Y/N): 'I'd probably should enjoy my peaceful vacation now...'

Three days had passed since the end of the test. Immediately after our survival test's conclusion, most of the students had been waiting for the other shoe to drop. They'd treaded lightly in case the school was up to something.

But there were no signs of anything malicious. All was gentle and peaceful, as if summer vacation had truly started and this was now an actual fun, pleasant trip. The students began to relax, and behaved as if the test really were over. They thought this second week was purely a vacation. Everyone became increasingly lax.

Despite our outward calm, we maintained a sense of readiness. People who know how to relax can be effective.

Then, I heard the door of my room opened.

Hirata: Hmm? You haven't been in the room all this time, have you?

Hirata Yosuke, one of my cabin roommates, shook me from my reverie while I gazed at the sea.

(Y/N): I don't really have any reason to go out. I don't have anyone to hang out with, either.

Neither Hirata or the others know that Horikita and I are officially dating, now. However, it doesn't matter as they constantly matchmaking me with Horikita.

Hirata: That's not true, though. I mean, you have Sudou-kun and the guys, and Horikita-san.

It was certainly true that such people had categorized me as a "friend," and I reciprocated. But those at the bottom strata of the "friends" category are treated differently from other, higher-ranked friends. When someone wants to hang out, low-level friends are only invited ten percent of the time. Naturally, I was that lowly friend.