Change of plan

The next day, the study group is held in library after classes. Horikita and I arrived first. Though, I think she might want to interrogate me about what happened yesterday.

Horikita: You're early.

(Y/N): I couldn't sleep, I think I should sleep less during classes.

I yawned while replying her.

Horikita: You should manage your sleeping time properly, I can't believe that you could sleep even during morning assembly.

(Y/N): I can't help it. The speech was boring and you knew it.

Horikita: Hmph, you're hopeless.

(Y/N): I know.

I yawned again.

Horikita: Why don't you go back and sleep? I can handle this myself.

(Y/N): It's fine. I can't let you deal with those three guys by yourself.

Horikita: Why not? You're underestimating me.

(Y/N): It's not your ability that I concerned. I worried that those three guys won't be that cooperative. I'll stay with you just in case.

Horikita: But I'm afraid you couldn't even make it through the halfway while we're doing revision.

(Y/N): How nice of you to worry about me. Are you sure you're not in fever?

I put my hand on her forehead again. But this time, she didn't push away my hand. Strange... Instead, her eyes were closed and one of her eyes was twitching. Then she reached for her pencil case and pulled out a... compass? Ah, I'll be damned.

STAB!

...

Sudou, Ike, Yamauchi came to the library after awhile. Of course, Kushida was behind them. At first, Horikita glanced at me, while I'm caressing my poor left arm, that being stabbed by her just now. Well, since they had arrived, we started our revisions. Although Horikita seemed reluctant, but I think the study group could went well—

Sudou: Did you call me incompetent?!

—or not.

Horikita: Yes. If you can't solve a single simultaneous equation, I shudder to think of where you'll end up in the future.

Then, Sudou got in close to Horikita and grabbed her by the collar. But she didn't flinched.

Kushida stood up and tried to stop him. At that instant, I grabbed on Sudou's wrist without any hesitant. Everyone was shocked, including Horikita.

(Y/N): Hey, hands off.

I gave him a intimidate glare and pulled away his hand from Horikita. Sudou seemed unable to react at the moment, as sweat started to form on his forehead. I let go of his hand slowly, and he spoke to Horikita.

Sudou: Who needs these stupid problems? Studying is pointless, anyway. If I want a good future, I'm better off playing basketball to prepare for my pro career than sticking my nose in some book!

He said as he continue to glare at Horikita.

Horikita regained her composure and spoke.

Horikita: Oh? How childish. Do you dream to be a professional basketball player? Do you really think the world will grant a dream like that so easily? Someone so lacking in commitment and dedication can never become a professional.

Sudou was vexed by Horikita's claims. He began to pack up his things.

Sudou: Tch, I skipped club for this crap. Damn waste of my time.