From Hunted to Hunter

3rd Person's POV

In a quiet, empty library, on the second floor, there's a petite teenage girl with lilac coloured hair sat alone on the armchair. She was looking up the content of a book while researching the unsolved chess puzzle on the table in front of her. Then, another figure emerged from the shadow and approached that girl.

Her thigh-length purple hair stopped flowing as soon as she stopped her footstep.

The petite girl started questioning her without looking up from the chess board.

Sakayanagi: Well?

Masumi: As per requested, I managed to get the contact info of that person.

Sakayanagi: Good, good.

Masumi: If I may ask, won't that violate the school regulations? As we're forbidden to—

Sakayanagi: Fu fu fu. Don't you worry. I'm certainly have my way around it.

She closed the book with a hand before placing the final chess piece to corner the opposite's King.

Sakayanagi: I wonder if he remember me as well?

...

(Y/N)'s POV

Currently, I'm walking towards the dormitory after the chaotic meeting earlier. There was a sizable crowd blocking the lobby when I reached the entrance.

(Y/N): What's the ruckus?

I took a step forward before a familiar sound called out to me.

Sotomura: Ah! (L/N)-dono! Over here!

Normally, I would straight go back to my room. But now, I'm quite curious what causing such scene. I walked up to the Professor.

(Y/N): What's going on?

He pointed at the two persons confronting each other, both that I recognized. The leader of both Classes B and C, Ichinose Honami and Ryuuen Kakeru.

Ryuuen: Well, let's see how she prove it? How about it, Ichinose?

Ryuuen smirking at Ichinose while holding his phone.

Ichinose: Ryuuen-kun, no matter what I say right now, you're not going to believe me, are you?

Ryuuen: That's correct. After all, it's up to the school to determine whether or not you're getting into trouble.

Ichinose: I suppose that's true. Everyone, please accept my apologies. But don't be concerned. I'll go to the teachers tomorrow and show them that it's just Ryuuen-kun's misunderstanding.

Ichinose stands up for herself with a dignified appearance.

Ryuuen: Oh? And how exactly do you plan on proving that?

Ichinose: I'll go through everything in great detail. I'll tell them how I got my points and how much I have. Will you be satisfied if I do that?