Trust

(A/N: Be prepared for a long chapter with about 8k words. I will be busy until the next week, so I won't update the story for a while. Sorry in advance. :P)

(Y/N)'s POV

I headed back to my room. It was getting close to midnight. I'd thought that everyone would be asleep already, but Hirata looked at me anxiously, like he'd been worried. Yukimura sat on the sofa and faced me.

Hirata: Good work today, (L/N)-kun. You're rather late.

(Y/N): Yeah, a bit. Ah, that reminds me. I wanted to talk to you for a minute, if you have the time.

Hirata: Sure, I want to ask you something, too.

Yukimura was trembling, like he was on edge. He probably wanted to talk about the test, too. I changed into my jersey and joined them. Hirata moved a bit to give me some space on the sofa.

(Y/N): You go first, Hirata. We can talk about my thing later.

HIrata: Thanks. I just chatted a bit with Yukimura-kun. We decided to share information about the test.

Yukimura: I did say that it was pointless to include you, (L/N).

(Y/N): 'How nice.'

Hirata: Well, well. I would've been glad if Koenji-kun participated, but he unfortunately declined.

Koenji: Sorry, Hirata Boy. I'm far too busy with the pursuit of physical beauty.

Koenji, naked from the waist up, was doing push-ups. He was soaked with sweat, but didn't seem bothered at all. Honestly, I wondered if Koenji was even participating in this test.

Hirata: Koenji-kun is participating in a group. After all, students are required to participate, and points are taken away if a student fails to participate.

(Y/N): Ah, I see.

Hirata: To tell you the truth, I got word that two of our classmates have been selected as the VIPs in their groups.

He whispered to me and Yukimura.

Yukimura: Wait, what? Who are they?

Hirata: Well, that's—

(Y/N): Hold on, Hirata. Wouldn't it be better to give us that information by phone? We don't know who's listening in on our conversations.

Hirata: Yeah, you're right, (L/N)-kun. Wait just a moment.

Two names showed up on Hirata's phone. He turned the screen to us.

"Dragon Group, Kushida-san. Horse Group, Minami-kun."

Immediately after I saw the names, Hirata erased them.

Yukimura: I see...

So Kushida was the VIP. Having that position in the extremely well-stacked Dragon group meant they had an enormous advantage. However, once they knew her identity, she was at their mercy.

Hirata pat on my shoulder.

Hirata: Don't worry. Everything is all right.

He's right. The three Class D people in the Dragon group were the best we had to offer. They'd never be careless enough to reveal the VIP's identity.

Yukimura: Speaking of Rabbit Group, it's equally possible for the VIP to be from any of the four classes. So in Class D, there are two VIPs that we know about. There should be one more VIP keeping his or her identity secret.

Hirata: Yeah. I think your logic follows. They certainly haven't talked to me about it. After all, there's a high risk of being discovered if you talk.