The Students of Class D

(Y/N)'s POV

On the second day of school, well, technically, it was the first day of class. During the first day, we spent our time get familiar with the school's rules and get acquainted with one another.

It didn't take a long time before social groups were formed. Of course, I was left out alone, due to my lack of interests to interact with people, but mostly because I was lazy to socialize with others. I was leaning on my hand and prepared to take a nap, it was recess time after all. Until Horikita talked to me.

Horikita: I'm surprised that you could sleep anywhere any time. So pitiful.

(Y/N): And I'm surprised that a girl who claims she doesn't need any friends, paid her attention to me.

Horikita: Don't flatter yourself. I'm just curious how could a person like you can be so lazy.

(Y/N): Hmm, beats me.

Horikita took a nibble on her sandwich. I turned my head and looked at her. She's cute. She noticed me and gave me a cold stare.

Horikita: Cast your perverted gaze at somewhere else.

(Y/N): Only on the beautiful girl like you.

I teased her. And it's super effective. Horikita seems blushed a bit at my comment and turned away from me. Well, watching her eating kinda made me hungry.

(Y/N): Well, I guess I should pay cafeteria a visit.

I got up from my seat and exited the classroom.

Then, a girl approached me in the hallway outside the classroom, it was Kushida, one of my classmates.

Kushida: Um... (L/N)-kun, right?

(Y/N): Yeah. Um... Kushida?

Kushida: Thanks! I'm so glad you remembered my name.

Alright, I have to admit that she had a beautiful smile.

(Y/N): Yeah... I guess.

Kushida: Um... Can we talk?

Actually, I'm kinda hungry, but I guess I could spare a minute or few.

(Y/N): I think there's no problem.

Kushida: Thanks! Um... (L/N)-kun, you seem very close to Horikita-san.

(Y/N): No, I wouldn't say that...

Kushida: But you're the only one she ever talks to. I want to be friends with everyone in school. So I asked Horikita-san for her contact information, but she turned me down...

As I listened to her, my gaze inadvertently fell on her 'asset'. It's big. Girls these days, what do they eat?

Suddenly, Kushida snapped back my attention.

Kushida: She said she doesn't want to be friends with anyone.

(Y/N): Yeah, I think that's just how she is.

Kushida closed in the distance between us and grasped on my hand.

Kushida: But I want to be friends with Horikita-san, too! Won't you help me?

(Y/N): Help you? I don't...

Kushida looked at me with a puppy eyes.

Kushida: You... won't?

Sigh.

...

We just finished our last class for the day. Most students already prepared to leave and talk about where should they go after school. Horikita started to put away her stuffs and prepared to leave as well. When I was prepared to leave, Horikita talked to me.