chapter 21//betrayal

"1..2..3..4.." Harry counted in his head as he stared at the kitchen clock ticking away above him.

tick. tock.

tick. tock.

mocking him.

making him look like a fool.

the ticks were barely audible, but they boomed in his ear.

he has a tight grip on his spoon, swirling around his brown sugar oatmeal that he has no interest in eating. don't say he's relapsing. he's not. he's only just lost the control of the love of his life.

no biggie.

he's annoyed.

he can hear Louis giggling with Niall, as he's feeding him peanut butter on apple and banana slices. Niall's favorite.

he's babying Niall. because Zayn isn't here and it's all his fault and he's traumatized and blah blah blah.

they're dressed in fancy trousers and button up shirts and Liam has disappeared upstairs to find hair gel to slick back their hairs.

Niall has an interview at the boys' school, and Louis has an interview for a real job.

to support Niall.

"Harry," Liam says sternly, "i already told you, Louis is not going to be providing for Niall. he is going to be supporting himself for his own flat. by himself."

Harry hears Liam's mental note in his head. right, Liam did not approve of the guardianship idea but c'mon Niall, that was fucking stupid.

but, he did manage to get Niall an opportunity to enroll in an all boys school to finish his studies and get Louis a job interview.

so that they can get discharged at the same time.

sounds like a whole bunch of betrayal to him.

because he knows that Niall is going to get off of school and instead of going to his dormitory, he's gonna go straight to Louis' flat. and then Harry is going to be left in this home to rot.

Harry, unfortunately, has not been approved for discharge.

sure, his behavior has been anything but predicable, but he was doing better right?

apparently not, according to Liam.

Harry has something called post traumatic stress disorder? or some shit.

he wasn't really listening.

Liam has taken Harry to around 5 different professionals in the last couple weeks. they've been examining him.

trying to figure out if he's bipolar, or has dissociative disorder, or ptsd, or all of the above.

"it's a busy day today Harry, do you want to come with me to drop off Louis and Niall? i'll be picking up Zayn after we drop these two off." Liam smiles as he runs a gelled up comb through Niall's unmanageable blond breakage. oh, and Zayn's getting released from rehab today!

"no fair! i want to see Zayn!" Niall huffs out in annoyance. Harry smirks.

"of course i want to go pick up Zayn. i've missed him so much." Harry says innocently, obviously to make Niall jealous.

Niall gives Harry a nasty side look before he cringes when Liam gets hair gel on his ear.

"sorry love." Liam laughs as he wipes it off and moves on to fix Louis' longer hair.