chapter 20/a day in the life of Liam.

⚠️ this chapter has some graphic scenarios and imagery, viewer discretion advised! ⚠️

Liam.

what to say about Liam Payne?

he's a busy man. always has been. he's attractive, smart, makes good money.

he's also very tired.

extremely tired.

when Liam first got out of his residency and started his own practice, he never thought he'd be able to operate an entire boys home. the other older doctors saw how Liam was able to relate to these young teenagers. and it wasn't weird. no, not with Liam. he wasn't interested in these boys in any concerning way, but he was able to think the way they do. he became the relatable doctor, and the patients were always more comfortable around him.

he also didn't think he'd devote his whole life to his home. he's never had a proper girlfriend because no one seems to understand what his home and the boys mean to him. he has to put it first sometimes. a lot of his ex flings were really into him but they'd always get frustrated and leave after the 3rd date. it was rather irritating.

"you look as stunning as ever Ms. Sophia." Liam smiles warmly at this beautiful girl before him. she has the longest tan legs and even longer brown hair. her eyes are the perfect shade of a divine chocolate.

"as do you Mr. Liam." Sophia giggles back as she locks up her flat and grabs onto Liam's arm.

today, he was taking Ms. Sophia here on a dinner date. it was their 4th date.

"how've you been?" Liam asked as he walks her downstairs and into the night street.

it was warm out tonight for a july night, so the pair decided to walk the streets of Oxford and enjoy dinner and maybe a street performance at the summer night lights in downtown.

"really good. went for a jog today before yoga class." Sophia smiled.

they chattered nonstop and finally stopped at a restaurant called the italian garden, for wine and pasta.

"how're the boys?" Sophia finally asks. she couldn't be any less interested in those boys of Liam's. not for a bad reason, but every time the two tried to get some alone time, the boys always seem to ruin it one way or another.

when they had their first date, which was a walk in the park, Harry was still tubed and he was very sick. Louis had to call Liam and explain to him that Harry was regurgitating his earlier feedings and it wasn't going down at all. Liam had to rush home, with no time to drop off Sophia so she was dragged along, and tend to Harry. turns out his tube had moved somehow again, either accidentally or on purpose, and it caused his feedings to not properly enter his stomach and acid reflux to kick in. Sophia was a bit freaked out by being surrounded by four very malnourished boys. they didn't pay her much mind, and never questioned Liam about her. they probably didn't even know they were on a date.

the second date, possibly more embarrassing because they had gone out for a couple of pints and were currently tangled in bedsheets, was rudely interrupted this time by Niall. Liam's
phone had nonstop been buzzing on the dresser.

"i feel like you should just get it." Sophia pants with slight disappointment laced in her voice. Liam frowns and reaches for his phone.

"hello?"

"L-Liam." Niall sniffles out.

"what is the matter Niall?"

"i'm extremely hungry Liam. but you lock away all of our food at night time.."