chapter 28/get up.

"uh... he was wearing light wash blue jeans and a plain black tee shirt. he's about 5'7 and he has really long curly brown hair and bright green eyes." liam explains to the responding officers at the home. he can't form a coherent thought. all he can think of is harry and where he could have possibly runoff to. he's too smart to go back to the same streets he was arrested on. he's a lot smarter than anyone thinks, liam knows this.

"so why did..."

"harry. his name is harry edward styles."

"why did harry runaway? was he a frequent flyer?"

"no! i mean he used to runaway more often when he first got placed in this home but that's been over a year! he had a disagreement with my doctoring decisions and instead of talking it out calmly, he freaked out." liam said, in an obvious tone, pointing to his destroyed home.

"so if we find him, you want us to arrest him for the damages caused, correct?"

"what?! no! when you find him, not if, i want you to bring him home. he's a troubled kid okay? officers like you saved him from the streets when he was just 13, he can't go back." liam pleads.

"do you have any idea where he could've gone? anyone or anywhere he could've run to?"

"no. he doesn't have any one else but me. the only friend i know he had access to recently had a falling out with him, i doubt he'd return to him anyway."

"are you positive?"

"i know my boy. he wouldn't go back to that friend because that friend would contact me or convince him to go home. okay? i know he's with someone he used to know in his brothel. i just know it."

"okay, dr. payne. i just want to let you know, if we do find harry, yes, if, he will be arrested if he is found prostituting again. and if he is found on or after his 17 birthday, he will be tried as an adult and he will not be released to you." the officer explained and liam's mouth fell open in shock.

"no, you can't do that! that is my kid! he's not well, he's sick in the head, you can't do this!" liam is protesting but the officer had enough. his partner comes around to them when he hears the commotion liam is causing, his hand on his gun. liam backs up quickly.

"is there a problem here?" the officer's partner asked.

"the problem is you clowns are not going to put any effort into finding my kid. and when you do find him, you're gonna arrest him anyway. you know he's so close to being 17."

"we aren't going to waste resources on a hopeless criminal. this isn't the first time we've arrested harry and it obviously isn't going to be the last. give it a rest payne, a kid like him doesn't just get better. they either die on the streets, or they die behind bars. with him, either option is viable before we even get to him. he's probably already in custody as we speak."

"i want you off my property." liam said angrily once he realizes these crooked cops won't be doing him any justice.

"take care, doctor. let's just hope he comes home on his own terms. for yours and his sake." and with that, the two cops leave the home, with liam slamming the door on their heels.

liam feels defeated, and there's nothing he can do about it. he starts cleaning up harry's mess in silence. it's easy to do that when his house is now completely empty.

he knows of one person to turn to.

foxy and her sugar daddy gerald are standing in the living room, watching a very tired harry sleep on the couch. he had been bumming it at gerald's place with foxy. harry doesn't realize how unwelcome he is with gerald. foxy wanted to help the best she could, and that meant begging gerald to let harry sleep on the couch for a couple of days. those days turned to weeks. gerald was frustrated. he just wanted a sugar baby, not an actual baby. harry doesn't work, he doesn't pay bills. and he definitely hasn't gone back to those streets.