Chapter 15 - It was "no big deal"

A/n note ~ make sure to read the  message at the end, it will be important.

The mist breath user was as silent as an insect underneath the soil as they Rushed around the streets, trying to find a clothing shop. Finally, Atsumi's keen eyes sight found one. They walked into the establishment and were greeted by a woman in formal clothing.

"Welcome. How can I help you?" She eyes the three of us, a customer service smile plastered on her face.

Atsumi POV

"Hello,"i started. "The three of us are attending a party hosted by...some guy. We need to throw on something gala appropriate."
"I see. Please follow me, we have just what you need."
The woman took us to a higher floor in the building where she led us to a walk-in closet. There were Kimono and Haori of many colors, patterns, and sizes.

"Let me know if need any help," said the young lady, before she turned to walk out.
As Mitsuri and i looked through our chooses, i remembered that Muichiro must need to do the same as us. The woman hadn't even bothered to take him with her, probably assuming he was also a girl.

C'mon. He doesn't look THAT feminine.

"I'm, excuse me, ma'am?"
She looked back at me, standing half out the door. "Need something?"
"Yes, our friend there is a boy." I pointed in his direction. "Isn't there a room for men's clothing?"
"Oh yes! Of course. I'm so sorry sweetie, i didn't realize you were a boy."
But the Hashira had not cared if he were mistaken for the other gender. "I'm wearing this," he said.
The woman nodded understandingly and left the room.

A few minutes later

We'd pick out the outfits we were satisfied with, the kind employee giving us a changing room to ty them on.
I tried not to stare so much as the rather busty love pillar stripped her uniform off.

Lord knows no one's gonna be staring at my board chest. Haha jk, I'm not that petite.

Once i put on my temporary wardrobe switch, i asked Kanroji, "does it looked ok?"
Her eyes would light up as she smiled widely, clapping her hands together. "You look so beautiful!"
I bashfully smiled, hiding my face in my hands.
We exited the dressing room in our new attire. We still wore our uniform pants underneath so that we would have the usual easy access to our Nichirin blades if necessary.
Hopefully it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to retrieve them if any certain type of conflict were to erupt.
Going back to the first floor, we reunite with Muichiro who stood by the front door.
The woman approached the two of us, eyeing our improved appearances. "You ladies look beautiful. Have fun!"
The three of us made way for the "grand event" so many seemed to be so pumped about.
Going the same route as everyone else, we stumbled upon a 4 story building. Lights brightened the scene, making it stand out in the-now-dark, grass covered landscape under it.

Why do fancy people have to move so slow? I thought.

Yee, the line moved quick, but not quick enough to my liking.
One minute being in there was all it took for me to feel out of place. Almost everyone around
us reeked of wealth and high social status, and it irked me.

"Ok guys." I somehow grabbed the attention of the two Hashira in spite of the boys lack of attention. "Maybe we should split up. Mitsuri, you should be the third floor."
She nodded. "Sure thing!" The chipper girl capered off, disappearing into the crowd.
Then i faced Muichiro. "You should go to the second floor, if that is ok with you?"
He displayed a discomforted look, though remaining emotionless. "Are you giving me an order?" His soft but deadly eyes hid behind the hair covering his forehead and i felt as if he were looking deep into my soul, burning through it with displeasure and judgment.
Switching to a less assertive tone, i replied, "i mean...i guess? Do whatever you prefer, i just figured each of us should guard one floor."
It's amazing how only a few seconds ago i was feeling nothing but confident in this mission, making suggestions to the others.
Apparently the much stronger pillar mistook my "suggestions" for "orders".
But the intimidation i had seen in his eyes withered, not showing in his body language in the first place. A light nod was his response before he passed away.