Chapter 19 - Two dear "friends"

"Looking for something?" i asked.
He nodded and started opening cabinets, though all there was were organized ingredients.
"I could make you something, if you'd like."
He stopped searching and responded, "ok." Muichiro sat down as i went around getting what i needed.
Once I'd finished i placed his food in front of him. "Here you go," i said, sitting across from him with my food.
The time we spent eating together was peaceful. Nobody came in to bother us, and all i could hear was his and my own chewing, and the faint raining that had thinned out overtime.
I looked up a few times to see that Muichiro was watching me, before looking back down at his food.
I smiled, thinking about how cute he looked while eating

"Here, I'll take that," i said, reaching for Muichiro's empty plate.
Before leaving, Muichiro gave a subtle "thank you."
I smiled. "No problem."

A few moments later

Atsumi's hands dried in the cool air as she ran to the Ubuyashiki household, where she, Kanroji and Tokito were called for a mission report. This wouldn't be the first time she's met him, but the pressure was still there when you were presented before the head of the demon slayer corps.
When she knocked on the door it slid open, revealing one of Oyakata's daughters.
"Please come in, father is waiting for you," she spoke.
The white-haired girl stepped aside to let Takahashi pass and slid it shut. Once seated, the Leopard breath user began apologizing profusely.
"I'm so sorry for being late, Oyakata-sama. I should've arrived sooner."
"It's alright, my child," said the blind man. "You are not at all late. We are still waiting on Kanroji Mitsuri."
At the mention of her name, the said woman entered the room.
"Now that you're all here," Kagaya began, "i would like to here about your mission in Tokyo. How did it go?"
Atsumi looked between the two Hashira.
When neither of them spoke, she answered. "It went well, sir. Well..not as well as it could've went, i suppose."
The Oyakata's head cocked to the side a bit. "Oh? Did anything go wrong?"
Bracing for his words of disapproval, Atsumi answered, "yes. You see...there was a fire in the place we were trying to keep under control. No one got too hurt, thank God."
Memories of the smoke entering her lungs and being between walls of flames appeared in her head. But she shook her head.
That's in the past, now. Forget it.

Ubuyashiki asked them a few more questions--Mitsuri shared some minor details, and Muichiro stayed mostly silent.
Atsumi walked out feeling like a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders. She felt better after sharing her risky experience with another soul.
Kanroji put a hand on the girl's shoulder. "Are you ok, Atsumi? You looked bothered the whole time in there."
Atsumi nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. It's just... fascinating...to think that i could've burned to death." She chuckled, even though the topic was not humorous at all.
The Love pillar furrowed her brows, but smiled. "I'll see you later, you two. Bye!"
"See ya." Atsumi waved as she skipped away.
Muichiro strayed away, but Atsumi caught up to him.
"Hey, Tokito-san," she said. "Where are you headed to?"
With an uninterested expression Tokito stated that he had no specific destination, and just wanted to be alone.
Atsumi hesitated before trying to convince him that It'd be better to have some company.
Maybe she was being pushy, but it didn't hurt to be friendly.
Giving it a moment of thought, Muichiro sighed and excepted. "Fine, then."
"Yay! So...where to?" Atsumi asked.
He shrugged. "I don't know, and i don't care."

Atsumi POV

I followed his misguided steps into a woodland area. At first i thought, maybe there's a good spot he knows nearby. but soon it felt as if he was trying to get me lost.
Puzzled, i tapped his shoulder.
"Hm?" He hummed.
"Look, i wanted to hang out with you since we're not that close, but if it's annoying, i can just-"
An arm stuck out in front of me.
"No," said Muichiro, surprising me. "I don't care."

More people came into view as we left the woods behind us. There were many startled faces as Muichiro and i walked around, though he hadn't noticed or cared.
Along with the nervous glances at him came a few whispers.
"Isn't that Takahashi-san?"
"Oh my gosh, i don't think i could ever be that close to him."
A few complemented me as i passed by. One girl even said that we look like brother and sister. I could agree with that. We both had long, mostly black hair, and blue eyes, even though they're much different shades.