Chapter 7 - Rain, rain, stay

Ugh, where is he?

Atsumi thought as she struggled through the tall blades of grass, trying her hardest to find the boy with long hair.
"Muichiro!!" She yelled on the top of her lungs. They had chased a demon into this field, and now they were separated.
Atsumi was terrified to be alone in this kind of situation. No one by her side, and anything could pop out of nowhere and attack her. She jumped up the highest she possibly could above the grass to hopefully spot her partner in this mission, but he was nowhere to be seen.
Just then, a demon lunged at her with it's mouth open. She had no time to even unsheathe the sword on her waist, and a shreak rang through the air.

Muichiro POV

This chair is so uncomfortable, I thought as i woke up from my sleep. I looked out the window and it was still dark outside, so I figured we could stay for a bit longer.
Looking over to the girl in the bed, I learned what she said was very true.

What the hell? Is she trying to kill someone with her legs?
But it does look really comfortable. The bed, not her legs. I stood up and walked over to the bed. My neck aching from the position I was in while sleeping.
When I sat on one side, she wasn't kicking anymore.

Good. I won't be assaulted while trying to rest.

And it was a rather warm night, so there was no need to get under the blanket. But right when I thought this would go smoothly, that's when I was wrong. Atsumi was sound asleep when she flinched and kneed be in the back, hard.
"What the hell?!"
My aggravated voice startled the girl out of her sleep, so much so that she fell out of the bed and onto the floor. She sat up and looked at me like I had upset her or something.
"What? Did you just push me off?" She asked, still having just woken up.
I scoffed at this accusation. "Why would I? I tried going to sleep, but your crazy limbs are out of control."
She sighed, " I'm sorry. But it's not like I'm doing it on purpose."
I chose to ignore her and closed my eyes. The weight in the mattress shifted and she climbed back on.

Atsumi POV

Why's he laying next to me? I thought that'd be too awkward for him?

2 hours later

The next morning, I thanked the man at the front desk for letting us spend the night as we left the inn. We took the quickest path to the sento with Wisteria.
Clouds formed in the sky and soft raindrops fell from them.
I could help but get excited. "Yes! Ah, thank you for think beautiful weather." I said, gazing at the sky.
Muichiro looked at me and asked, "Who?"
"Oh- God, i suppose. I really enjoy muggy weather like this."
" Hm."
I stopped thinking about the rain that has started coming down heavier, and now at the mist Hashira. "Um, Tokito-san?"
"What?" He looked at me with his blue eyes.
"I really like your hair. It's beautiful." I told him as calmly as I could.
Not knowing how he reacts compliment, I guessed if he'd get upset. But no. Just a simple, "Thank you."
As we walked I saw that the snails came out of their home to enjoy the rain. Of course I did my best not to step on them, but it didn't look like the boy was concerned.

I stuck my arm out in front of him and we both came to a halt. "wait! Be careful. There are snails on the ground. See?"
He stared at my arm like he was getting ready slice it off, then at my face with an intimidating expression. "Oh, I see. "
His face went back to normal, and we both made sure not to crush any of the fragile insects on our path.
Thankfully there weren't a lot of them to watch out for, and after it was clear, we ran the rest of the way.

On our way to headquarters, I stopped and looked at a town in which a lot of people wandered around.
And just then my stomach growled.
"I haven't eaten yet." I licked my lips. Kinda want some ramen. Hey, do you wanna get some food? "I asked.

Sigh

"Fine."
"Yay! Thank you."
I followed him to a a place where a nice lady sold food. We sat upon the wooden stools and ordered. "Are you not hungry?" I asked Muichiro
"No, not really," he answered.

The older woman soon came back with a bowl of spicy ramen and placed it in front of me. I thanked her and hovered my face over it to see how hot it was.

Ok, it's not that's hot.

But either way, with someone right next to me while I'm eating, I made sure to eat like I was at a a high class residence and NOT like when I'm alone. That'd be pretty monstrous.

Halfway finished with the bowl, my nose started running. I have a high tolerance for spice, but this was always the consequence.
"Excuse me?"
The lady turned to me with a smile on her face. "Yes, dear?"
"May I have a few napkins? Please." I politely asked.
"Oh of course." She left and came back with good amount of napkins and handed them to me.
"Thank you." I finished my food and used up the napkins pretty quick.

During our walk home, a crow flew over our heads, announcing yet another mission. "You need to hurry!! Your next location is South east Southeast!! Get there as soon as possible!! KAW!!" It yelled at, " BYE! " As Muichiro sprinted away.

I walked the rest of the way alone. By myself. What to do with this alone time? Well i ran around in the grass and yelled to my voice box's limit. If someone happened to see me right now, then they'd most likely think i'm crazy.
My crackhead rain dance didn't go on for long, I ran the rest of the way until I got to my house. But the moment one foot touched the wooden floor...

Naaaah. I should stay outside. It really early in the day.

So I turned about and looked for someone to talk to. Thinking that no one would want to be outdoors right now I'm the pouring rain, I was surprised to see Tomioka walking around.
"Hi, Giyuu-san!" I ran up to him while he kept his usual blank face.
" Hi, Atsumi."
"So, what are you doing out in the rain? Did you just come back from a mission?" i asked him innocently.
He nodded.
I asked him if he'd like to go to the market with me to get some food for my house. He said yes, and we walked together. I love being with Tomioka. Sure, he's not the most outgoing person, but I don't mind. I still enjoy his company.

When we got to the market, we picked out a variety of fruit. Apples, cherries, and strawberries. On the walk back to my house, I told him about how I want to visit my family when I get a good chance.
Then I had an idea. "Hey! How about you come? It'd be fun to have you meet my parents."
He hummed then said, " wouldn't that make it seem like were getting married?"

You do have a point there, my fellow friend.

" Heh, yeah I guess so. But still, I'd like that."
I stepped inside my humble home and set the fruit on the table.
Giyuu was just about to leave, but luckily I caught him in time. "Wait! Can you stay?"
He waited for a second. "Ok." He nodded and walked over to where I stood.
For a while we sat in my living room and munched on some juicy berries.
I could help but think, How can someone eat a strawberry so seductively without even trying?

He bit into another and this time he looked at me when doing so. I felt my face heat up so I looked away from his blue eyes, putting a grape in my mouth.
"Is something wrong?" The question was so innocent, but those lips sure weren't.
"Uh- yeah. I'm fine." Such a lie. I was far from fine.

I swear to God. This guy is too attractive for his own good. He has no idea what he's doing.

The way his lips grabbed around the berry, when his tongue wiped over his soft-looking lips, it was all sending me over the edge.