Chapter 20 - House of Tsubashi { Part 1}

Buttoning up the rest of her uniform, Atsumi thanked the family for letting her stay in their home for the night, until the storm passed. "Thank you for having me," said Atsumi.

"Of course, dear. Here you go." The woman handed Atsumi her Haori, now dried of the rain it had been soaked in from late night rain storm.

Atsumi smiled. "Thank you very much. I'll be heading out now."

The lady waved her good buy as she jogged away. "Have a safe journey!"

A few days prior to this, a few lower ranking demon hunters went to investigate in Minato after hearing about demon sightings and deaths, only to never return. One of Atsumi's friends was a part of the bunch that made the trip, so it concerned her then she didn't return for the last two days.

I hope she's alright, she thought.

"Caw!! Caw!!" Random black feathers flew around, landing on Atsumi's head.

"Hello, there," she said, reaching her arm out for the bird to land on.

The crow perched on her finger. There was a letter tied to one of it's legs.

"Hm? What's this?" Atsumi untied the note and unrolled it.

What shook her was that there were drops of blood in the paper. She could only imagine what happened to spill the crimson liquid.

It read:

"To whoever is reading this, please help. We need you desperately. I don't have a lot of time to write this, but you must save these people, fast. When you arrive in Minato, you can meet me at a restaurant in Aoyama called the House of Tsubashi. There I'll tell you more information.

Kuragi Mayo

"Kuragi?" Atsumi's blood went cold. Kuragi is a good friend of hers. To think something terrible had happened to her frightened her.

She tied the letter back to the crow's leg. "Thank you. Go get some more help, okay? I might need it."

It took off, assessing the sky.

Finally, Minato was right ahead of me. Yeah, i felt like my ankles would give up, but that's just my weak thinking.

I gave my arms and legs a little shimmy to wake them up more. "Alright, let's go."

As i wavered past people in the streets, i sensed a strong, familiar aura. It felt like Muichiro's. I followed it to see if i was correct, and caught a glimpse of someone with mint-dipped black hair.

"Ah, Tokito-san," i called as i neared him.

He swiveled around at the sound of his name, hair accidentally hitting me in the face. "Oh, it's you," he said.

"Yeah, it is." I gripped my sleeve in anticipation "Did somebody send you a letter by any chance? Is that why you're here?"

"I did, actually. From someone named..."

"Kuragi Mayo?" i guessed. " I got her letter, too, and it said where to meet her."

"But she already told us where the demon is, is she really that important?"