12 hour challenge - modern AU oneshot

11:23 PM

Quarantine has been extremely boring. My friend, Mitsuri, suggested that to kill some time, I could do some type of challenge with my boyfriend. I had to not have physical contact with Muichiro for 12 hours. She tried doing this with her boyfriend, Obanai, but that didn't last at all.

So here I am, sitting on our bed while the munchkin's in the shower.

Listening to the water run, I began to have second thoughts.
The young boy has a tendency to get very moody and clingy if I don't spend time with him. Plus, we kiss and hug each other all the time, so this was going to be difficult.

When he opened the bathroom door his hair was still damp, though he had pulled it back in a ponytail. He then went and took the blow-dryer from the bathroom and plugged it in next to the sink.

The loud, hot air sent his long hair flying up past his face, him occasionally flipping it with his hand.

Maybe I should tell him now, give him a heads up.

I called from the bed, "hey, Cheereo," the funny nickname I gave him.

I made my way over and hugged him from behind, looking in his eyes through the mirror. Muichiro turned off the device and turned around to return the hug, kissing me on the cheek. Pulling my head away, my arms hanging over shoulders, I began telling him about our "plans" for today.

"What?" He looked bewildered, "why- what kind of clownery is this?"

"Come on. Ok ok, fine. Maybe not 12 hours. How about...6?" I suggested, twirling my finger in his strands.

" Fine," after sighing, "6 hours only."

10 minutes later

To try and keep our minds and hands off of each other, the two of us figured it would be safest if we weren't in the same roof.

I bet he's distressed right about now.

Author's POV

*Siiiiiiggghhh*

Muichiro made sure drag it out as long as possible. The poor boy wasn't sure if he could even last 6 hours without kissing Atsumi, so he just lays sulking in his room at the idea.

Time skip

1:14

The young couple agreed to start the "challenge" at exactly twelve o'clock. That way, it would be easier to keep track of the time.

Muichiro had been so occupied with nothing that he forgot to eat. So he slowly traveled to the kitchen. But to his dismay, there his girlfriend was.

"Hm?" She looked at him from behind the fridge door. "Oh. Hey babe."

"Hey." He was at least happy to see her face.

Shortay hoisted his 5'3 self up on the counter and reached for the spicy kettle chips. He sat on top of the hard surface and took the clip off the bag, popping a chip in his mouth.

Atsumi closed the refrigerator and walked over to lean over the counter beside the boy. In front of her was a case of clean strawberries.(oh yes. You know where this is going)😏

Muichiro began having a minor panic attack in his head. No...no, she can't be serious right now.

Digging his hand in the bag, he watched closely as she raised one to her mouth. Her teeth latched on, biting into it, her tongue swiping over her lips once they detached from the fruit.

Muichiro was starting to feel anxious. Normally if they happened to be by one another while eating something juicy, such as fruit, the would consume the juice from their lips via making out.

The flavor of the jalapeno peppers caused a tingling on his lips, so he quickly licked them. Atsumi turned her eyes to him, and at the wrong moment too. He held his bottom lip in his mouth, biting it, still tasting the remnants of the chips. When it released it came out vibrant and moist.
He has realized she was looking at him, so they ended up holding eye contact for a brief moment.

Atsumi POV

Well this is awkward. Atsumi thought.

Muichiro reached his arm up to put the snacks in their place, then hopped down off the counter. Next thing I know, his face is inches away from mine. He stared at my lips, and I did the same.

They look so good. I need to...

I noticed his face getting closer to mine. Just as our noses touched I yanked my head back, earning a disappointed look from my boyfriend.

"Well! See ya later!" I said before scurrying out of the kitchen.

I hid in the bathroom and sat on the toilet.

"C'mon, loser. Only a few more hours left. It's not that difficult, right?"

4:00

The most work my braincells have done all this time is think of how many Webtoon episodes I have left to read.

My room felt still and peaceful as I sat at my desk reading the webcomic, but was interrupted. Someone's fingers grasped my earbud and pulled it out.
The music was so loud in my ears that I hadn't heard Muichiro come in.

"Hey? Need so-"

My words were cut off by a pair of soft lips making contact with mine.

Wait wait wait wait! If we're giving up, them at least let me put on some chapstick!

He pulled me up from my chair and to edge of our bed. He made my sit down, then I laid back as he rested his chest on mine. I had my legs closed together, his on each side of them.
My hands slid to his lower back then up his shirt, feeling his smooth skin.

After a bit, he broke away, letting us both catch our breaths. Muichiro's mint blue eyes looked deeply into my deeper blue ones. I brought my hand up to his face, grazing the surface before pulling him back Into the kiss.

12:00 PM

Muichiro and I were sitting on the couch watching the last episode of Itaewon class, when my phone went off. Mitsuri was calling for a FaceTime.

"Yes?"

She squealed on the other end. "Atsumiiiii! Well?! How'd you do?"

"Uhhh," I peered down at the head covered in hair resting on my lap, then back at my phone screen. "Well...here, you can see for yourself."

I reversed the camera so she could see my boyfriend sleeping.

Mitsuri shook her head. "Why am I not surprised? Well, goodnight!"

" Goodnight."

It's been a minute since I've done a oneshot. I might as well make a oneshot book in the future.