Chapter 5 - So, how are things?

Ever since Atsumi passed final selection and got her uniforms and swords, she has had countless missions. Almost died a few times, sure. But it was all good experience for future battles. The boy that stuck with her and her siblings guys soon drifted from the group due to his missions, and it was back to being the four of them.
Eventually, the same happened to all of them, except for her brother. He knew their sisters were capable enough to take care of themselves, but he refused to leave Atsumi. So, now it was just them two. They became their own tag team, taking on missions after missions. That was her life now, and she couldn't complain.

Present day

Atsumi'd just gotten back from a list of missions. It always felt really satisfying to win a fight against a demon.

I sure hope that town is ok now, she thought to herself.
Atsumi loved living here with all the other pillars. Everyone else seemed so scared if the Hashira, but she'd grown surprisingly close with them.

Rengoku, being the sunbeam that he is, is very friendly with her like with everyone else.

Mitsuri loves chatting about how powerful and handsome the male pillars are, especially Obanai.

Shinobu likes having Atsumi help her heal some of the injured in the butterfly mansion, once stating that she has a gift when it comes to that skill.

Tomioka just appreciates the bare fact that she actually like him as he is. The insect pillar often teases him about people not liking him because of his attitude.

She and Gyomei have had some very heart to heart conversations, as well as petting the cats that come by his house. He's one of the most kind and caring people that she knows.

After realizing her high battle capability and admiration for snakes, Obanai became a lot nicer than when we had first met.

Uzui often bragged to Atsumi how he slayed demons in a flamboyant fashion.

And lastly, there was the Mist pillar. He was... Interesting to say the least. Very frequently he could be found daydreaming and staring up at the clouds. One fact Atsumi found fascinating was that he's the youngest Hashira. And apparently he's only 14 years old.

Wow. That's really impressive. Was her thought when she'd first heard.

As she walked the path to my house, a friendly voice called her name. "Atsumi-san!"
She turned to look and saw Mitsuri happily skipping her way over.
"Hey Mitsuri-san. I didn't think you'd be up this late." The travel home took longer than expected, and now it was nighttime.
"I was waiting for you to come back! How was your mission?" she asked.
" It went well. They should all be safe for now."
" Great! Goodnight! I'll see you tomorrow!" She hugged her tightly before skipping away back down the path to her house.
As soon as she made it inside her house, she changed into some night clothes and collapsed down on her bed.

"Now," she let out a long yawn. "I can finally sleep," she mumbled into the sheets, eyes slowly shutting.

After such a refreshing sleep, Atsumi changed into her uniform and signature tan and blue Haori, then went down to a nice lake for her usual morning dip. She made sure to check to see if anyone was around before undressing. Good thing it has some sort of barrier around it. With the walls of land arching over the water a it just enough made her feel a little bit secured.

"CAW!!! CAW!!!"

"What the fu-?!" This random screaming voice scared the heck out of her. Dhe quickly realized that it was my Kasugai crow, giving her a message.
"Atsumi! You have been invited to have morning tea with Mitsuri Kanroji!! CAW!!"