Awkward Encounters (Boyfriend!Tom)

"Y/n! Tom! Let's play pool!" Harry shouted over the loud music, getting the couple's attention. It was a Friday night and Tom, Y/n, and the Holland twins were at a bar. They usually had a few drinks, played pool, and after a while laughed at any drunk thing that someone did. 

"Alright, we're coming," Y/n shouted back, getting up out of the booth and joining the twins at the pool table.

"It's the lovebirds against the most amazing twins ever right?" Sam said and Tom rolled his eyes. 

"More like the most annoying twins ever," Tom said and Harry acted offended. 

"You're lucky to just be in our presence," Harry playfully said and the four friends laughed. 

About halfway through the game, Sam and Harry were winning. 

"Alright, let's take a break, the half-time losers have to go get drinks," Sam said, sitting on a stool, Harry nodded and Y/n rolled her eyes. 

"Whatever you say, your majesty," She said, faking a bow and Harry flipped her off but she only laughed at him. 

The couple made their way to the bar and after a few minutes of waiting, the bartender came over to them. 

"Four barrel-aged beers, please," Y/n said and the man nodded. 

"Can I see some ID please," he said and Y/n and Tom showed him their driver's license. 

While they were waiting, a woman bumped into Y/n, she seemed tipsy so Y/n didn't really make a fuss over it. 

"Are you alright?" She asked the woman and she turned around to look at her. Tom standing next to her, in case he needed to protect her.  

The woman had brunette hair and was about the same height as Y/n. 

"Yes, I'm ok thank-wait. I know you," The woman said and Y/n let out a laugh. 

"I get that a lot but I don't think we've ever met before," She said but the woman shook her head. 

"No no no, I've seen your face before," She said and Y/n sighed. 

"Miss, I'm an introvert that doesn't like to socialize. I promise you that we've never met before," Y/n said and the woman was about to speak up before a voice interrupted her. 

"Sydney, where have you been? I was looking for-Y/n?" Y/n's eyes widened, it was her ex, Jason. 

"Y/n?" The woman, Sydney, said, looking back at her, her eyes also widening. 

"Jason. You look well," Y/n said bitterly, she and Jason didn't exactly end their relationship on a good note. Sure it had been four years, but memories still hurt. 

"You as well," He said awkwardly. "Uh...this is my girlfriend, Sydney," He said gesturing to the woman.

"Nice to meet you," Y/n said, slightly uncomfortable. "This is my fiancé Tom," She said and Tom gave a small wave, unsure what else to do. 

"Seriously, this is the woman that you told me about?" Sydney spoke up, her eyes narrowed as she stared daggers at Y/n. 

"You talked about me?" Y/n asked and Jason nodded slightly. 

"Did you ever talk about me?" He asked and Y/n shook her head. 

"Why would I? I hate you," She said and suddenly she felt a pain in her cheek. When she looked back Sydney's hand was still raised, a look of fury in her eyes. It had gotten quiet around them, everyone trying to get out of the furious woman's way.

"You slut! He should be the one hating you! You were probably opening your legs up for any man that came your way!" She was about to slap her again but Y/n caught her wrist. Sydney's eyes widened as she tried to get her hand out of Y/n's grip, but she was too strong. 

"Listen to me, I can stand being called a slut, you aren't the first person to call me that, but don't ever accuse me of cheating," Y/n said, her voice dangerously low, she let go of Sydney's wrist and the woman stumbled backward. 

Y/n turned to the counter and saw the drinks waiting there, she took two and ignoring the crowd, walked back to the pool table where Sam and Harry were. 

"Hey, Y/n. Everything alright?" Harry asked and Y/n nodded. 

"Everything's great," She said through gritted teeth. She handed the twins their drinks and by that time, Tom had made his way with their drinks. He handed her one, a smile on his face. 

"What?" She asked him as he leaned against the table. 

"That was badass," He said and Y/n smiled. 

"As I said, I don't care if someone insults me but I draw I line at saying I ever cheated," She said, taking a sip of her drink as Harry started the game back up. 

"Well, I don't think I'll ever have to worry about you, I guess I should be the one wanting your protection," Tom said, laughing and Y/n laughed with him. 

"I can stand up for myself but I wouldn't say no to my knight in shining armor protecting me," Y/n said and Tom blushed. 

"Oi! You two! Can you please play the game instead of flirting! It's too much PDA!" Sam said, pretending the shield his eyes. The couple laughed, joining the twins as they concluded another successful Friday night. 

This is completely random but I just thought of something for Y/n to say and I wanted to write a story with it. I hope y'all like it and remember that I take requests!