A Much Needed Understanding (Mob!Tom)

mob!tom holland x reader

Harrison sat on the couch, Katie sat uncomfortably in front of him and his fiancee, Jada, leaning into his side, and one of his better friends Sam to his right.

Y/n had gone to bed about an hour ago and Tom had gone to work. For that amount of time, Jada had been making small talk with Katie. He knew that she wanted to ask a certain question but didn't know how it would come out. As the room got quiet again Harrison decided to speak up.

"You want to know how she's happy?" he said and both women turned to him, but his eyes were on the frightened girl. "How she can stand never leaving the house?" Katie didn't move but her eyes gave away the answer, it had been the only thing on her mind since dinner. Slowly, she nodded looking between Harrison, Jada, and Sam.

"When she first got here, Tom was in a bad place," He said. "He was out almost every night, drinking, killing without a cause, he dod drugs like Harry is doing now. We weren't sure what was going to happen to him. The night he met Y/n, we had just got there and he saw her. Thankfully, for that one night, nothing bad happened. He gave her the choice to join us and after a week, she said yes. Once she moved in she quickly picked up on Tom's routine, and she wasn't happy, she really wasn't. So she told him that it was okay if he went out at night, but for one night a week, he had to stay with her. He agreed. And after a few months he started staying at home with her more than one night a week, and now, he only really goes out once a month," He thought back to the nights before Y/n was here, how worried he was for his best friend and how he thought that it would never get better.

"Y/n made everyone happier. She helped us get healthier than we were, she taught us how to cook meals for ourselves instead of having the servants do it. She helped us," Sam said and Katie nodded.

"She gave up a lot to be here, she gave up her freedom, her friends and family, her whole life to be with a man she barely knew,"

"But she knew she loved him, and she knew that she could help him," Harrison said, and even without the connection, Katie felt the sadness in the room, the pity for the woman who gave up everything. "Why doesn't Tom let her leave?" Katie asked and everyone looked at Harrison, only he would know his best friends unfair ways besides his spouse. 

"The mob is a dangerous thing to be apart of for everyone, even the spouses that aren't involved. Y/n just has a bigger target on her back being married to the leader of the mob." 

"The point is, Y/n makes our lives better at the cost of her own happiness, she thrives on helping overs, and as much as we wish she had the freedom that everyone else has, it is unfortunately very unlikely."   

The group moved on from the sad topic and on to something happier. Unbeknownst to them, Tom and Y/n were standing just outside of the door. 

"Baby..." Tom whispered as Y/n leaned against the wall. 

"Mhm?" She asked, never looking at her husband. 

"I never knew you felt that way," Tom wrapped his arms around Y/n. 

"I'm so sorry. Please forgive me," he whispered and Y/n leaned back into him. 

"I forgive you." 

😬 I wasn't really sure how to end this one, sorry.