Snowy Memories (Bradley Baker)

Bradley and I were walking towards the coffee shop. The clouds looked very dark above us as we walked.

"Y/n..." Bradley said looking up at the sky.

"Yeah?" I asked staring at the ground.

"I think we should head back," he said pointing up. When I didn't look up he stopped me. A hand on my shoulder.

When I looked up I saw a fearful look in his eyes.

"Please baby, let's head back home," he pleased but I shook my head.

"Bradley we're so close! You can literally see the coffee shop from here!" I said pointing down the road.

"Y/n...I'm scared," his voice cracked and I sighed, taking his hand and dragging him down the road.

"Come on, the sooner we get there the sooner we'll be home," as soon as we had walked a few steps, white flakes started to rain down on us.

Bradley froze, almost causing me to fall over from the force. I turned around to face him.

"Baby, come on. We're almost there!" I said, taking a hesitant step towards him.

"N-no. Y/n I-I can't move," he almost started sobbing.

"Bradley," I whispered, taking his face in my hands.

"My love it will be warmer inside the shop. We'll stay there until it stops or we'll get a taxi home," I whispered and he looked in my eyes.

Slowly, he took one step forward, then another. After about ten feet, we reached the door to the shop.

After walking inside, I lead Bradley to a booth on the far side of the shop.

"Stay here baby, I'll get you something warm to drink," I whispered in his ear as he laid his head in his hands.

I quickly went over to the barista and order a hot chocolate.

After a few minutes, she came over and handed two hot chocolates.

"He ok?" She asked me, motioning towards Bradley. 

"He will be, soon," I said giving a small smile. I took the cups and turned around. Bradley still had his head in his hands, I could see him shaking. I should never have made him come, I knew the snow made him remember his dad. 

Walking over to Bradley I handed him a cup. Sliding into the seat next to him.

I sighed as he quickly drank down the cup. I handed him mine as he warmed up.

"I'm so sorry Brad. I should've listened to you and gone back when you said to," he sighed and leaned into me.

"It's ok Y/n," he whispered.

"Please forgive me," I said and he nodded.

"Of course baby," he nodded looking up at me for the first time.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked and he shook his head. 

"Not really. Honestly, I just wish I could forget it," he sighed. The barista from earlier came over, two more cups of hot chocolate in her hands. 

"This is on the house," She said, a look of pity on her face. 

"Thank you," I smiled, moving one cup in front of Bradley. The barista walked away, leaving us alone again. 

"I don't even know why I stayed here. I should have gone farther south," he whispered.

"Then we would never have met," I whispered, a sadness filling my heart. 

"Well maybe, we could move together?" He asked, looking up at me. I smiled. 

"You want to move...together?" I asked and he nodded. "That would be amazing," I said wrapping my arms around Bradley. 

Still, I felt how cold he was.  

"Why don't I call your mom and ask her to come pick us up?" I asked and he nodded. I stood up before he spoke.

"Hey Y/n?" I heard him ask and I turned around.

"Yes?"

"Can I have some more hot chocolate first?"

I have a midterm starting in two minutes. Wish me luck😰