A Beach Romance (Friend->Love!Tom)

Y/n just went through a rough break-up and meets an unexpected friend while on a weekend getaway to the beach. 

-

I sat at a bar on the beach, my strawberry drink sat almost untouched in front of me. The bar was nearly empty for one o'clock in the afternoon. The bartender came over to me and started cleaning some glasses that hadn't been used at all today.

"You look like you just got out of a tough break-up," he said and I let out a forced laugh.

"Actually it wasn't that tough, but he wants me back," I sighed.

"Ooo, that's rough," He said and I nodded.

"You wanna talk about it? Talking can make it less of a burden," I smiled but shook my head no. He nodded and went to the other side of the bar to help a woman who had walked up. I was just about to get up and leave when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Who knew I'd one day find you at a bar," I turned around and my eyes widened at the boy who stood behind me. Tom Holland.

"Tom?" I said, a smile coming across my face, and he nodded smiling as well.

"Are you ok?" He said sitting next to me.

"I'm...uh...." I took a deep breath, "I will be, soon hopefully," I gave a weak smile and Tom looked at me questioningly.

"What happened?" He asked and I looked down.

"Do you remember Oliver Johnson?" I asked and he nodded.

"Your boyfriend," He said and I shook my head no. He looked at me questioningly again.

"I broke up with him about five months ago," I said and he nodded, still confused.

"Then why are you still so unhappy? Do you regret it?" He said and I laughed which startled Tom.

"God no, I'm glad that I did," I gave a genuine smile which caused him to smile.

"So...what's the problem?" He asked and my smile vanished, and suddenly something hit me, and anger coursed through my body and I gripped my drink so hard my knuckles turned white.

"He wants to get back together, and I just wish he'd leave me alone. I was happier when he was gone," the anger turned to sadness as I looked out at the sea.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I heard something in his voice, pity almost. I looked back at him with a fake smile on my face.

"I should probably go, thanks for letting me get that off my chest," I smiled before standing up but Tom suddenly reached out and grabbed my wrist, stopping me from walking too far.

"I know that I probably shouldn't do this, but would you maybe want to go out to dinner with me tonight? There's a restaurant that I was going to try and I'm not going with anyone," his eyes looked hopeful and I felt something warm come alive in my chest, something I hadn't felt in a long time.

"I'd love to. Where is it?" He smiled before pointing down the beach to a building filled with light. I nodded.

"I can meet you here around six o'clock? I have a reservation for six-thirty," I nodded again.

"See you later," he and I both smiled and I turned around and walked back towards my hotel.