Mistletoe and Family Events (Boyfriend!Tom)

"What do you think you're doing, Thomas?" hearing those words, Tom immediately dropped the mistletoe that he was holding.

"Absolutely nothing," He said, turning around to see his girlfriend crossing her arms and staring at him.

"Please don't tell me you were about to put mistletoe over our bed," Y/n asked, holding back a smile. Tom smirked.

"Hey don't blame me. You're the one that wanted to put up the Christmas decorations," he shrugged. Y/n walked towards him and picked up the mistletoe that he dropped.

"In case you forgot, my parents and your parents are coming tomorrow and I'd rather not explain to them why this is above our bed," Y/n said, a small trace of a smile on her face and Tom knew he'd succeeded in making her laugh.

"Why don't you just leave it up to their imaginations? Hmm?" Y/n laughed and shook her head.

"I don't think you need to give my father another reason to despise you," Y/n said, walking out of the room to hang the mistletoe somewhere less...immoral.

"What are you talking about? Your father adores me," Tom sat down on the couch as he watched his girlfriend move around their shared apartment.

The living room already had their Christmas tree up and garland hung around the counter areas. To say that Y/n liked Christmas would be an understatement. She went all out every year and always invited her and Tom's families to celebrate with them, though sometimes Tom wanted to just be with her, he loved seeing her content.

"Yeah, especially when he saw us at that hotel last summer," Y/n gave Tom a look but he just shrugged.

"Hey, that was his fault for walking in! I put the do not disturb sign up!" Y/n let out a laugh, after hanging the mistletoe up somewhere no one would walk. She then walked out of the room to finish preparing for the next day. Tom watched after her, thoughts going through his head as he eyed the mistletoe.

-

"Y/n! How lovely to see you dear!" Nikki said, leading the Holland's through the front door of Tom and Y/n's house.

"Nikki! I'm so glad you could make it!" Y/n said, wrapping her arms around the woman she considered to be like her own mother. "How are you?" Y/n asked and Nikki shrugged.

"I live in a house with four boy's all of whom I have to take care of on a daily basis if that tells you anything," Y/n laughed as Dom, Sam, Harry, and Paddy acted hurt by her words.

"Tom! How've you been?" Harry said, pulling his brother into a tight embrace. The doorbell rang and Y/n turned back down the hallway, leaving the Holland family to catch up with each other. Opening the door she was met with her parents.

"Mum! Dad! It's good to see you," Y/n said, hugging both of them.

"Y/n dear! Let me look at you," Y/m/n said, holding her daughter out at arm's length to see her. "Oh Y/n, look how skinny you've become!" Y/n shook her head. 

"Mum, I haven't lost or gained any weight since you last saw me," Y/n said and her mum made a tsk sound before letting her go.

 Leading them back to the living room, the two families chatted with each other while Tom pulled y/n aside.

"Alright I know you have something planned for the whole day but I already want them gone so I can do something else," He whined and Y/n shook her head.

"Tommy we rarely ever see them, it's just one day. What could you possibly want to do so badly?" Y/n whispered, crossing her arms.

"You," Tom said bluntly, walking away, leaving Y/n blushing and unsure of what to do or say.

"Y/n? You alright?" Y/n's dad, Y/d/n, asked. "You look flushed," He added.

"I-I just need some water," Y/n said, walking over to the couch and sitting next to Paddy.

"Hey, Y/n!" The young boy said, oblivious to Y/n's state as he started telling her about his school experience. Tom eyed Y/n from across the room, a discreet smirk on his face.

-

After dinner, that night, the Holland's and L/n's were preparing to leave and head home. Just as they were about to head out, Y/d/n remembered something.

"Y/n, didn't you say that next time we were here you were going to show us your new curtains that you got," (ik it's stupid but I can't think of anything else just bear with me).

"Oh yeah!" Y/n said and lead her parents to her and Tom's shared room. When she turned on the light her eyes immediately went to the bed and she felt her heart drop.

The mistletoe was hanging noticeably over the bed. Her parents went quiet as they noticed what was above the bed as well. Y/n turned around and the first thing she noticed was Tom. The smirk on his face clearly showing the part he played in putting that damn plant above their bed.

"I-I uhh..." Y/n stuttered, trying to think of what to say.

"Do you like the curtains?" She asked and her parents nodded their heads slowly. Unsure of what to do.

"Good night," Y/m/n whispered, the couple turned around awkwardly and were gone before anyone knew what happened. When Y/n heard the front door close, her eyes moved to Tom. He still had that annoying smirk on his face and Y/n couldn't help but laugh.

"What the hell?!" She laughed, gasping for air as Tom joined in on her giggling. Y/n's eyes wandered over to the plant above their bed. "How'd you even get it up there without me noticing?" She asked and Tom shrugged.

"You're pretty unobservant when you're stressed with other things," He smiled and wrapped his arms around Y/n. She shook her head as she glanced at the mistletoes again.

"I have to admit, that was pretty funny to see the looks on their faces," She smiled and Tom let out a laugh.

"I knew you think it was funny," He whispered, resting his forehead against hers. "Maybe we should go over to the bed you know...have some fun under the mistletoe," He smirked and Y/n smiled.

"You and that damn plant are going to be the death of me." 

I apologize if you don't celebrate Christmas. I am open to writing about any holiday if you want me to! Just send a request of what you want me to write about and I will to the best of my ability! and as always, please send me requests! I'm in desperate need of them!!