twenty three

A few days passed, then a few weeks, and all of a sudden we were on a plane to the place we were going to be staying for a few days. The visit to my parents is happening now. Even though I'm terrified, Clay's here and I know he's here to support me and help me get through this weird visit. Why did I decide to even do this? It wasn't required in life whatsoever.

I was scrolling through my old notes, ones I wrote when I vented to myself after my parents would say something. This wasn't something I meant to happen, but I got bored and I don't have any of my games redownloaded for the trip. Some notes were really cringy and depressing. I wish I could print these out and burn them, but I'm not sure how I'd do that in the first place.

Clay was listening to music and, I'm guessing, editing a video. Well, his laptop had an editing program open so I could only guess. I nudged him, hoping he would stop jamming to his tunes. He pulled an earbud out and looked over at me, whispering a "what?" at me. It wasn't an annoyed "what", even though it kind of sounded like that.

I whispered back, "Do you have any games on your phone? I'm bored.." He eyed me wearily, unsure if I was going to add anything else.

"I do. But you don't get it until you have a valid reason." He whispered back, turning the music off and turning the volume down after he took his earbuds out. He gripped his phone slightly, awaiting my response. I watched his phone, it lit up from a notification from his group chat with Sapnap and George. I pursed my lips.

"I was looking at my old vents from back then and I don't want to stress myself out more than I am now." I paused. "Please let me play the games on your phone." I mumbled, quieter than the whisper.

He handed me the phone with the games folder opened up. When he was back to having his attention on editing, I exited out of it and saw that Clay paid for plane internet. What a waste of money, plane internet is so shit. I texted Sapnap and George both, hoping that one of them was still active, since they did text the group chat a few minutes ago. Sapnap texted back first, wondering why I was texting on Clay's phone. I texted back that I would explain later. Instead, I asked if he would play iMessage games with me. He agreed, of course, since I'm so irresistible.

+++

I felt a hand rub my arm, a cuddle notion type of thing. I woke up and saw I was laying on Clay. It didn't bother me, since we were in a plane and my nerves were through the roof. "We're here." He said, showing me that the plane was about to land. We landed, got our bags, and exited the airport, flagging down a taxi of sorts. I told the address and we were on our way to Celestia's.

The ride there was longer than I remember. I mean, it was only 40 minutes out, but being younger, that never hit me. A ride about 40 minutes long would be a nap. "Why'd you text Sapnap and George?"

"I wanted iMessage games. Don't worry, I didn't look at any other texts." I didn't. I swear on that. I said, feeling my nerves calm down.

"Sure, sure.." He mumbled, looking through the texts, seeing that a lot of them were just 8 Ball and cup pong games. "Oh, so you really did just play..." His voice trailed off, just looking through the lack of conversation other than the occasional "you suck at this" or "i beat you fair and square" text after certain plays or games.

"Yeah." I said, leaning my head on his shoulder begging my eyes to stay open. His head turned towards me, then back at the phone.

"You tired?" He asked, putting his phone down.

"Extremely." I mumbled, followed by a yawn.

"You can just sleep." He suggested.

"I want to, but-"

"But?"

"I can sleep at Celestia's." I said, lifting up my head which was yearning for the warmth of Clay's shoulder once again. I should've just kept my head down...

"Who is this Celestia by the way?" He asks, waiting for an answer. He watched me carefully, making sure I wouldn't bonk my head on the window or something.

"She's a friend of mine, but she's an older lady. She's like a grandmother's age. She was so good at taking care of me and being my secret hide away from my parents. She lives a few doors down from my parents, so it was easy to escape." I mumbled.

"Ah, that makes sense. Elderly like that are always so kind." He softly mumbles, something he only really does towards Patches. "I'm not going to lie, there's a lot of elderly that suck ass, but her kind of people are the sweet kind of people."

I nodded to agree.

+++

I hesitated, so Clay popped up from behind me, knocking for me. He took a step back in the spot he started in. "Coming!" The little voice muffled behind the doorway. It opened and a short little old lady with pastel blue hair smiled, giving me a hug. I hug back. "You've grown up so much!"

"You changed the color of your hair." I said, the life squeezing out of me.

"The purple was getting old." She smiled, letting go of the hug. She looked behind me, I followed her eyes to see her looking at Clay. "This that boyfriend of your's?"

"We- no. We're just friends. Nothing more, Celestia." I shook my head defensively.

She leaned in to me, "But you both look like you love each other very much." She whispered, smirking slightly and all I could do was blush a deep red. Clay looked at the both of us with a questioning look. Thank god he didn't hear any of this.

"I'm Clay. I'm (Y/n)'s good friend and roommate." He said it almost as if he was saying we were dating, but that still wasn't true. Even though I want it to be true. He took his hand out, waiting for it to be shook, but to his surprise, he got a hug instead.

"Any friend of (Y/n)'s is a friend of mine, of course. And no need to be so formal around here." She pulled away and let us both inside. "It's supposed to snow later tonight, so it's going to start dropping in temperature. I was surprised you both came in hoodies."

"We have coats. Clay's from Florida so he's not used to the cold and I haven't visited the cold in a while." I said, getting comfortable here real quick.