ten

I walked up to my door, but turned around at the last second, Clay stopped just behind me. "Thank you. I didn't expect you to take me there though. I was just thinking about the park or something." I smiled softly and flashed a smile back.

"Yeah, it was fun. Did you have fun?" He said, mumbling something like, "I hope you had fun" after it, but I couldn't quite hear him so I brushed it off.

"Yeah. It was great. I had a blast." I turned to unlock my door.

"Hey, just know if you need anything, I'm a call away." He waved, stepping down my stairs and over to his car. I walked inside, locked the door, and rushed over to peak out the blinds. He went into his car, presumably putting his seat belt on, and punched the air with his fist. I laughed a bit and moved away from the window to seem less creepy.

I got ready for bed, even though it was a little past the evening. Travelling is tiring, what can I say? I showered, brushed and flossed my teeth, combed through my hair, washed my face, and various other things that I could not do at the motel. I threw my clothes from the beach and his clothes into the washer, but I kept the hoodie out. It was comfy. Not only comfy, but his scent still lingered on it and I was not about to wash it all away yet.

I sighed, sending Clay a text about the clothes. He sent a text back immediately saying that I was fine with keeping the hoodie, but that he needed the clothes back to put as emergency extras. Putting away my phone, I turned on the TV and pulled up some youtube as a distraction. Yes, a distraction from how I have Clay's hoodie. His personal hoodie.

+++

I was in the middle of a call with Dani, she was going on about how Dream and I would be cute together. Not sure where this came from, but I only officially started being his friend a couple days ago.

"I don't think he likes me like that." I said, grabbing a box of cereal and pouring it into a bowl, adding the milk afterwards.

"Oh c'mon! That's so not true, I refuse to believe it." She exclaimed, rustling with something. Unsure what, but something. There was a lot of noise.

"I believe it. We met only a few days ago. I doubt he would like me that fast." I said, eating my cereal.

"What are you eating?" She's distracted. "And that's basically love at first sight then."

"Frosted flakes. It's the only thing I have for breakfast in the house. Speaking of, I should probably go to the store. I've been getting take out these past few days." Sighing, I open my phone up to begin a grocery list. "I'll go later."

"Yeah 'cause we were in the middle of talking about Dreeeeeaaaammmm~!" She sang-songed Clay's online name.

"He doesn't like me, end of story." I said, finishing the cereal and putting it in the sink to wash later. Later.

"You guys keep running into each other. It's destiny. You guys are meant to be."

"-Disagree-"

"-Why?"

"He-" I tried to think of a good reason.

"Yeah, I thought so." She smirked and laughed.

"We barely know each other." I protested.

"Is that really your only argument?"

"Just drop it. We're only friends anyways."

"Okay, okay. Whatever." Her scoff surprised me. She usually doesn't drop things this easily, but I guess she saw I was getting anxious about it. "Anyways, we should visit. I only live a few hours away."

"Yeah a few hours meaning a whole ass state away." I get a text from Clay, looking at it.

hey where are we meeting again?

sorry, i meant to send that to a friend oops

you're good lol

I smiled. "Alright, I'm gonna head to the store. I'll text you later, mkay?"

"Okay."

"No hard feelings about the Clay thing okay?" I said, hoping she wasn't mad about it.

"Of course not. You're my best friend. I could never."

We both say goodbye and I sighed, walking into my room to change and get ready for the store.

+++

I pulled out a box of brownies, looked at the ingredients, and dropped a few other boxes that were next to it on the shelf onto the floor, blocking an elderly from walking past. "I'm so sorry."

"You're fine dear." They say and I quickly pick up the boxes with the result of them walking by quickly after. I let out a breath, putting the brownie box into the cart. Glancing up, I see Clay, looking at the sugar, or at least I think he is.

"Clay?" I blurted and he turned towards me, surprised and shocked, but loosened up when he saw me.

"Hey (Y/n)." He says with a wave. "Almost thought-" He stopped himself, shaking his head. "Nothing."

Almost thought a fan took a wild guess? Probably what he was going to say. Those tiktok stans are crazy, they would no doubt do something like that, or at least the worst of them would.

"Aha, you're good." I tried to hide what I knew he was going to say with a small nervous chuckle. "So you're good?"

"Yeah, doing good, just trying to get some sugar for something my mom wants to make at my place later. The family is coming for a visit and she told me to have a list of ingredients already, but I forgot that I didn't have sugar so I rushed over here." He held up the sugar, putting it in his little basket that also held some chips and a 6 pack of bottled soda. He followed my eyes. "Thought I'd get some snacks while I was here." A chuckle escaped his lips. "What are you doing here?"

"Filling up my fridge."

"Brownies are going to fill your fridge?" His finger pointed to the brownies in my cart.

"No Mr. Stalker."

"You're the one that saw me." He defensively pointed at me.

"Okay, yeah you're right. Therefore, I'm the stalker in this situation." I sighed, causing my statement to make us both laugh. We began walking together to the checkout. "I just needed to fix my sweet tooth, that's all."

"Understandable." He paused. "Hey, would you like to.." He mumbled something unintelligible.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. What did you say?" I asked, hoping he would say it.

"Would you like to join me and my family for dinner tonight?" I stopped in my tracks not expecting that question at all, "You don't have to, I totally understand. God, it was a weird question. I know we just met recently, but like, as a friend. Like, yeah. That's-" He rambled for a bit as we stopped before the line to the checkouts.

"Sure. But I'm not leeching off of you. I enjoy your company as a friend, and it'd be rude to say no." I said, a slight blush crossed my face and we continued in the check out line.

We checked out, same line, then headed out of the store. "O-okay. Then I'll pick you up at 4:00? That's in a couple hours."

"Yeah." I say, quietly walking to my car. We split off, but I stopped, turning around. "I'll grab your clothes also." I smile, hiding the fact that I'm blushing so hard right now.

"Alrighty, see you.. later."

"4."

"Yeah.."

I turned around, quickly picking up pace, shoving my groceries in the car and driving home quickly without getting in a wreck. I need to call Dani.