twenty eight

Dream POV

----------------------------

It has been several hours since I had left and when I came into the house, (Y/n) was fast asleep on the couch, the TV on standby after being used, Patches curled up next to her, also sleeping peacefully. I decided against waking her, grabbing a living room blanket from a closet nearby. Patches got up, stretched, and trotted away from (Y/n).

I lowered myself after placing the blanket over her. Smiling to myself, I lightly brush a strand of hair that fell into her face. She stirred slightly, causing my breath to hitch. I paused where I was until she stopped.

I sighed, getting up and heading over to my recording room to go get into a call with the manhunt team to get something out for everyone.

+++

I heard a knock at the door.

"Clay I'm sorry to bother you." A yawn came from the girl and I went on deafen. "I was wondering if I could talk to you."

"I'd love to, but I'm kind of doing a lore thing with Ranboo."

"Oh- I'm so sorry. I'll be off then." She turned and left, closing the door behind her and I went back to Ranboo, finishing my session with him. He ended the stream and thanked me for helping him out. I had apologized for taking a step back, since (Y/n) had walked in, to which he was saying that it was no problem, things happen.

Another few words spoke between the two of us and we left the call only for me to get a call from Sapnap and George. I sighed, answering it.

"AYO DREAM." Sapnap's voice ran throughout my ears, making me wince.

"Hey." Was all I said before we were deep in a conversation, fooling around in minecraft and testing out some plugins me and George were working on for future videos.

Only a few minutes later, I heard a knock on the door once again. I didn't bother muting myself, since none of us were streaming.

"Hey Clay, I'm ordering pizza since it's late. Anything different or just the usual?" (Y/n) stepped in, looking over my shoulder. She walked up to me, leaning over me and speaking into the mic. "Hi Sapnap and George."

I blushed a deep red, since she was still hovered over my seated self.

"(Y/n)!!!" Sapnap yelled and I winced once again.

"Hand over the headphones Dream, we wanna talk to (Y/n)." George said, and with that, I pushed myself back, (Y/n) standing away, watching me get up from my seat. Taking my headset up, I handed it over to her.

"They wanna talk. I'll finish ordering pizza." I said, taking the phone she was using, her phone, and stepping out, closing the door. I don't bother to stick around to eavesdrop even though I wanted to. It doesn't feel right, even though George and Sapnap are both my best friends and (Y/n) is still my crush, but I respect her privacy.

I sighed and sat on my couch, turning on the TV to watch some sort of Netflix or YouTube, Patches coming over to cuddle only a few moments later.

I wonder what (Y/n) wanted to talk to me about. I know she said she wanted to chat, but what was it about? Was it serious or just kinda eh? I'm too curious to watch TV so I scroll through twitter, liking a few tweets here and there. I decided to look through my indirects, a few "haters" here and there, but nothing too bad, at least my fans cover up the majority of terrible things about me.

A few people draw me and (Y/n) even though they have no idea what she looks like, though, no one really knows what I look like anyways either. I like a few of them, deciding to see what people are saying about her. Unconsciously, I open up YouTube on my phone to see if there's compilations of her in other's streams, since she's been in a few dozen of them.

+++

Reader's POV

------------------------

I waited to start talking until I knew Clay had left. The boys were talking about their days and lives and what they were doing with Clay prior. I was just listening to them bicker and chat, answering questions very shortly, fiddling with Dream's minecraft character on a single player world, in creative.

"Earth to (Y/n)?" Sapnap's voice is loud and clear which brings me out of my thoughts. The thoughts of how I'm going to tell Clay that I like him. "Everything good?"

"Oh- Yeah. Just thinking is all." I mumbled, not thinking much of it, building in the creative world I set up on Clay's account. He'll see that later.

"Thinking about what?"

"What I'm going to get Clay for Christmas." I answered plainly, though, it wasn't a complete lie. I still wasn't sure what I was going to give him.

"I'm sure he'd just appreciate quality time with you." Sapnap answered, mumbling a few other inaudible things. Discord could possibly be buggy and he could've also just cut out. Either way, he wasn't heard.

"Or tell him about that crush you have on him." George pipped in. "That would be music to his ears."

"I'm just unsure how I'd tell him..."

The three of us continued to talk about various other things, since I wasn't very talkative beforehand. Only about an hour or so later, we moved onto Hypixel to play some nicked games. I was still on Clay's account, as I was too lazy to log out.

+++

"Tomorrow's Christmas Eve, are you excited?" Clay looked up from his phone. We were sitting in each other's silence, scrolling through social media. Every now and again, we'd hear each other's audio from tiktok break the silence with a few laughs here and there.

"I guess. I mean, your family will be coming over and I'm excited to talk to them again. Of course to see (Drista's name) again as well." I smiled, returning back to my phone. "Anything specific you have planned though?" I looked up.

"Not really. I'm uploading a manhunt rematch on Christmas, but other than that and my family coming over for dinner, Christmas Eve and Christmas are free." He said, putting his phone down and walking over to me, my eyes following him carefully. He walks past me and opens a closet. "Wanna set up the tree with me today? I keep forgetting to."

"Sure." With a smile, I get off my seat, set my phone down, and help Clay with getting the tree out. We poked fun at each other while taking it out of its box, talking about past Christmases and how I'd spend it alone or on call with Dani and her family.

"Speaking of Dani, wanna call her?"

"She's probably working, or with her girlfriend or boyfriend." I mumbled, looking away as I untangled the lights for the tree as Clay set the tree up.

"Ah, understandable. Was just wondering. Would hate to leave her out or something." He said, voice going quieter. We sat in silence for a long while as I untangled decorations and took them out of various boxes. He had a couple boxes of just fanmade ornaments which I also brought out of the Christmas storage. "I haven't set up the room for the fan art yet so those ornaments haven't been able to be displayed properly." Clay spoke up, behind me, grabbing the untangled lights.

"I get that, you've been busy." I mumbled, pushing him slightly, grabbing a few to hang on the tree.