twenty one

Nothing much has happened the past couple of days besides work. Clay was busy with some stuff, tomorrow is Halloween, and I'm off for the next few days. We just thought to stay in, hang out since no one was really doing anything. Maybe hand out candy to kids.

Someone on the SMP appeared to be live so Clay was popping onto their stream for a bit. I was downstairs hanging out with Patches while watching some sort of movie online. She hopped up and headed towards the room that Clay was in, scratching on the closed door. I sighed and got up, opening the door.

"Hey Clay. Patches wanted in so I let her in." I look up to still see him in the minecraft world, in the call. Shit, I've done it again.

"It's no one." Clay answers to the voice in his headphones. "Don't push, it's no one." His tone was completely serious.

I saw Clay go deafen. "Sorry. I didn't know."

"It's fine. The stream ended up being longer than I thought." He said. "Sorry I didn't text you about it. I can leave-"

"No, no. You shouldn't leave them hanging like that. I'll just go upstairs." I took a step back from embarrassment. That was so fucking dumb of me. The second time walking in on a call. This time on someone's stream.

"There's no doubt Quackity's chat is spamming about this.." He looked worried.

"I'm not too worried about it." I am kind of worried about it. They can make things trend pretty easily. I can already see it now. The hashtags being like DREAM GIRLFRIEND? or DREAM ROOMMATE? The roommate thing is the only one I'm kind of okay with. The girlfriend one is something I do not prefer. Although, I do wish it was true, it's not something that's going to happen. At least for a little while.

Building a bridge between me and my parents is a priority, even though they probably wouldn't like that. Something that I feel needs to be fixed before I decide on any big changes. Like a boyfriend. A week before Thanksgiving is when I plan to forgive my parents and make amends. That's what I texted Celestia. Celestia is a neighbor and a friend, she's a lot older now. Her daughter was the one that brought me to my driver's test. We're not really friends anymore due to a disagreement, but I'm still on good terms with her mom. A good friend of mine that I am going to stay with for the time that I am spending there. I'll only be there a few days, I don't want to stay long.

"Okay. Okay, I'll try and clear things up that just happened with him and the stream or something, and I'll wrap up my time. We can order some food or something. Sound good?" He suggested, looking down at Patches and picking her up to place on his lap.

"Yeah. That's fine. I'll see you in a little bit then." I let out a relieved breath, turning around and shutting the door. I press my ear to the door, very quietly, and hear his voice very light and muffled.

"Sorry about that. No-" He paused. "It was a friend. Okay? Don't push, don't trend anything please. That's all I ask. Please respect that. It was a friend that we didn't mean to expose. I know that- Yeah but Quackity. It was an accident. I know. I know-" Another pause. It was longer than the first. "Not yet, no."

I pulled away from the door and headed upstairs, pulling out my laptop and calling Dani. She picked up and asked why I wasn't calling on discord and I brought her up to speed on what was happening the week before Thanksgiving. "You know this is probably going to destroy you a lot more than just calling them and making amends over the phone. Also there's the slight possibility that they're dead or on their deathbed because they do so many drugs."

"You're probably right, but I've put my feelings aside to focus on this. It's the only thing I've been thinking of. I can't worry about whether Clay will like me or not. Not now at least. It's not a high priority. Putting out the burning bridges is what I'm trying to figure out. We never had a good relationship in any category and I want to fix it. But if they're dead, I am going to feel sad one way or another. They were my parents. They did birth me and without them, I would've never met Clay or you." I say, looking at plane ticket prices for that time frame.

"Well yeah, of course. Parents are parents. No matter how shitty they treated you, you still care a lot about them, clearly." She points out. "You're the one going out of your way to visit them."

"And I want to see the snow. I haven't seen it in a while and I miss it. Florida is comfortably warm during the winter and extremely hot in the summer. There's really no in between. I really want to feel the cold again, just for a few days, and hope that it snows while I'm there." I pause to look and see how many two tickets would cost.

"Okay, fair enough. Is Dream going with you?"

"I don't know. I didn't ask. Should I buy a ticket for him in case? If not, I'll just fly you out with the ticket instead." I said, looking to make sure it was the right dates. I sent her the dates so she could check her calendar.

"I don't even think I'm available during those dates. I think I'm going back home for the whole Thanksgiving week." She answers, glancing down. "For my break, that is."

"That's fine. I'll still ask Clay, I guess."

"I would recommend having Dream go with you. He might be a huge anxiety reliever being there because I know how you get when talking about your parents. It would get worse talking to them." She says.

"I hate it when you're right."

"Also Quackity's stream was interesting. It ended a little before you called. But Dream's mic barely picked you up because Dream was playing with the voice changer and Quackity was Mexican Dream, you know that whole bit. Anyways, it picked you up as a higher voice and could barely detect that there was a second person there." She explained and we slowly started to steer the conversation away from the Pre-Thanksgiving visit back up North to where my family lived. It was fine since I didn't want to stay on that topic anyways. Dani knows me too well.