twenty four

Dream POV

-----------------------------------

I stood behind (Y/n), waiting for her to knock on the door, but she stopped just before she knocked. I wondered if she had really texted this sweet old lady that she was coming, or maybe she's regretting buying the tickets in the first place. Nonetheless, it was really cold out here so I took a step forward and knocked on the door, returning to my original spot in the back behind (Y/n). We stood there for a short while before the little muffled voice said "Coming!" There were somewhat small, tiny footsteps walking towards the door.

The door opened and this somewhat short little old lady smiled widely, engulfing the girl in front of me in a hug. Her hair is a soft light kind of blue, I'm not sure I remember the term, which I do think rocks on the little old lady. (Y/n) hugged back, receiving the old lady to hug back even tighter. I whispered a chuckle, barely noticeable to the pair. "You've grown up so much!"

"You changed the color of your hair." (Y/n) said, sounding like she was suffocating.

"The purple was getting old." She smiled, letting go of the hug that she held for so long, first. She looked behind (Y/n) and at me, (Y/n) turning her head. "This that boyfriend of your's?"

"We- no. We're just friends. Nothing more, Celestia." She shook her head defensively, stumbling back a little bit. I'm a little disappointed with her calling us friends, but let it slide.

"I'm Clay. I'm (Y/n)'s good friend and roommate." I took my hand out, waiting for it to be shook, but to my surprise, I got a hug instead. It was welcoming and inviting. I stumbled back a little from shock, but eventually hugged back.

"Any friend of (Y/n)'s is a friend of mine, of course. And no need to be so formal around here." She pulled away and we both headed inside, out of the cold. "It's supposed to snow later tonight, so it's going to start dropping in temperature. I was surprised you both came in hoodies."

"We have coats. Clay's from Florida so he's not used to the cold and I haven't visited the cold in a while." (Y/n) explained, kicking off her shoes right away and putting her feet on the couch, nonchalantly.

I stood kind of awkwardly, taking off my shoes and heading to the couch that (Y/n) is sprawled all over on. She moved to let me sit down next to her, but laid her legs over my lap instead of just sitting upright or something.

"I don't have two beds, by the way. I have a guest bedroom and the living room couch or the floor of either rooms. So, either you both sleep in the same bed, or one of you sleeps out here." Celestia explained, getting us glasses of water.

"I'll sleep out here, it's fine." I said, trying to sound manly and letting her just take the comfy bed. I forced her to do the same back all those months ago when we had first met.

"What if he slept on the floor in the guest room?" She spoke up, completely ignoring the fact that I was sitting right here, talking about me as if I wasn't here.

"That works, as long as he's okay with it, of course." Celestia said, grabbing plates as well. I can almost hear the smile in that sentence.

I looked at (Y/n)'s face, it's red, but not from the cold. She's looking at me without looking at me. No eye contact, but glancing every now and then. I looked away from her cute face. "I'm fine with that. In case she has an anxiety attack or something, since she's meeting her parents."

"Speaking of that... After dinner, I need to talk to (Y/n) alone." Celestia said, turning around and getting food out. Her voice sounded saddened, or rougher? Not sure which, but it definitely wasn't happy. "None of that right now though. You guys go to rest, dinner is going to be ready in an hour and a half, exactly." She paused. "There's a mattress in the closet at the end of the hall along with pillows and blankets for your needs."