eleven

"Pick up, pick up.." I whisper to myself, waiting for Dani to pick up. I called her 5 times already. Is she busy? She can't be, she does nothing. Unless she has a secret boyfriend or girlfriend. Or a job. She probably got a job. But she can't be. Not now. I need desperate help. I'm desperate. "Shit." The call went to voicemail. Again. I sighed and went to my closet. A dress or pants? I want pants, but his family is gonna be there. Drista is gonna be there. Fuck. I am in a full panic.

My phone goes off and I quickly pick it up. A facetime call. "Why'd you call me so many times without leaving a voice message?" Dani's voice rang throughout my phone and I turned on the video. "Usually you leave a voice message. Is everything okay??"

"I need help, like I'm panicking. I-" I paused. "Clay invited me to dinner with his family." I say, propping the phone up against my wall on my desk.

"Like a date or-?"

"He said as a friend, but even that, I'm gonna meet his family and I-"

"Just wear pants. Jeans specifically. A t-shirt but not a graphic tee. If it has stripes or polka dots or flowers, that's fine. Wear (shoes), ankle or no show, whatever you find first." She instructs. "Take a deep breath, drink some water. His family seems cool, from what he shared online. There's no pressure."

"Yeah there is. Drista-"

"Haha, really? If you can talk to Dream normally, you can talk to Drista." She shook her head.

"You're right, you're right. It's gonna be fine. Everything's gonna be good. We're-"

"You're overthinking aren't you?" She pulls me out of my thoughts and I look at her baffled, turning the camera off to change. "I know you too well. I said it's gonna be fine, if it's just a friend thing, but he clearly trusts you to see his family."

"This early though??? That's a little weird."

"If you're uncomfortable with the idea of going to his house and talking amongst his family, just cancel." She looks at the camera, knowing I can see her. "I'm sure he'd understand."

There's a knock at my door. "One second!" I yell, brushing my hair out a few times. "I'm going. An opportunity like this, I can't pass up. But thanks. I'll be fine. And I'll call you when I'm back. I promise."

"If you need anything, text me." I said bye and she hung up. I rushed to the door with my phone and keys in a small bag that had my wallet and some (gum/mints/candies). I walked over to the door and there stood Clay. I smiled softly and he waved happily. We both kind of stood there ogling at each other accidentally. God he's so hot.

"Hey, you ready?" His smile brightened up my front door, and my cheeks. I stepped out and closed my door, locking it.

"Y-yeah." I stuttered, quietly hitting my cheeks in hopes to stop my blushing. I get in his car and buckle up. He, too, buckles up and starts the car.

"It's only been a couple hours, but how are you doing?" He asked, driving away from my place. My blush doesn't leave. In fact, I feel hotter than before.

"I'm good, doing good." I say, looking out the window to hide my heated cheeks. Why am I so nervous? Is it because I'm meeting his family so early? I've only known Clay for 4 days? 5 days? I can't be this nervous. Shit. I'm overthinking again. I need to breath, it'll be fine. It'll be just fine. I'll meet his family as friends. We're just friends. It's gonna be okay. I'm gonna be fi-

"(Y/n)? Earth to (Y/n)." His hand was on my shoulder and it brought me out of my trance. I slowly look at him. "Are you okay? You don't have to come inside." Huh? I looked out the window and saw us stopped at a house. It's nice. Wait, I was overthinking through the entire ride? Didn't even notice. "Do you need a second?"