six

"So, it's actually him?" I was in a call with Dani, nodding even though she couldn't see me. "But he hasn't confronted you about what you know yet?"

"No." I answered, plain and simple. "He did not tell me. I only heard him talking about it before I went to sleep."

"Are you sure you didn't dream that?" She snickered a little bit.

"Haha, very funny." Sarcasm dripped from my mouth.

"Get it? Didn't dream that?" She pulled out the dream in the last sentence.

"Yeah, you started laughing." I sighed, hearing a ding from my phone. "He texted." I look away from our discord call.

"What did he say?" Her voice is eagerly waiting.

"He just hopes I'm doing good and that he wanted to hang out but something came up." I stared at it, then his streaming notification comes up.

"He's streaming. It's a serious stream." She said and I heard her playing his stream through her phone.

"Yeah I'm just waiting for people to roll in for a second." I hear his voice through Dani's phone.

"Alright, just wondered." I also hear George's voice.

I heard Sapnap mumbling some singing, as well.

"Alright, first, I wanted to go live and tell you guys that there are way too many death threats going on for those involved with the smp server. Everyone is roleplaying! Stop sending my friends death threats." He goes on talking for a bit, 20 minutes maybe? By that time, I just pulled it up on my laptop. He switched to minecraft and cheery related stuff.

"What if you texted him? OH OR CALLED HIM? IT WOULD COME UP ON STREAM." She exclaimed, reminding me that I was even in a call with her. I wondered if she was joking around, she can't be serious.

"I think that's kinda rude. I don't have the confidence for that anyways." I mumbled out loud.

"Do it or I'll donate something I know about you that only you and me know and then the entire stream will know." I could hear a bit of joking in her tone, but it was serious for the most part and I wasn't sure if I should do it or not.

"What the fuck Dani?" I picked my phone up and hovered over the call button. "You better not.."

"Oh I will." She smirked, I could hear it through the phone.

I called. I hit the call button. Maybe it was Dani joking about it but acting so serious, or maybe it was just myself wanting to prove that this Clay dude in my life was actually Dream. Either way, a wave of confidence just struck me and I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. It took a few seconds before I heard it ringing in the stream. I turned down the volume a bit so he wouldn't hear himself on the call. It's on speaker so that Dani could hear me. She muted herself quickly.

"Sorry guys. Uhm. My friend is calling me, one sec, uh Sapnap and George, entertain the stream." He muted himself on stream and answered me. "What's up? Anything wrong?"

"Uh, I-" THINK (Y/N) THINK. "I need your opinion on something really quick. I have a date tonight and my friend isn't available to help so I was wondering if you could help me out for a quick thing." Fuck. How am I gonna go through with this excuse? I could just download tinder real quick and make a profile. Last minute dates? Do those even exist?

"Oh, uh sure. I can help out real quick." He said, his voice tense. I feel like he knows I'm watching the stream, but I came up with a good lie, I'd like to believe. I rushed to my room and picked out a casual outfit and a casual-fancy outfit.

"Ok, uh, I'll send pictures. I just need help picking, that's it. It's dumb, I know, but I can't decide." I took a couple pictures and sent them to him.

"Oh, like, are you going on a date tonight?" He sounded almost sad.

HE ACCIDENTALLY UNMUTED HIMSELF AND HIS CHAT IS TRYING TO TELL HIM. Y'ALL'S CONVERSATION IS ON HIS STREAM.

SHIT??????? WHAT DO I DO??? I CAN'T JUST TELL HIM????

YEAH THAT UH IDK???

I said, "I'm going to mute myself for a second, the- he's texting me about tonight." I lied and muted myself.

I could hear him over the mute. "Ah crap, sorry guys. I forgot to mute. Ah, chat, it's just a friend."

I chuckled a bit.

"No I was not sad-"

"Sorry, I'm back." I lightly smiled through the phone. "Did you see them?"

"Oh, yeah, I like the first one with the jeans and shirt. It's casual. The other one seems too fancy for a date, unless you guys are going to a fancy restaurant." He says.

"No, nothing fancy. I'm supposed to meet him there so it'll be easier to wear casual clothes than anything else." I paused. "Thanks. If I interrupted you, I apologize."

"No, you're all good! I wasn't really doing anything. Call me later to let me know how it goes." He hung up after I said bye. I rushed over to my laptop and apologized to Dani for needing to go. She said goodbye quicker than I could explain why, but I guess she already knew. Now I need to go to the store or something to waste time and then lie that "he" stood me up or something.

Oh idea, I go hang out at a coffee shop for a bit and wait for an hour or so and call it a night. Hopefully that works. Maybe I'll try that last minute tinder date thing, just to have a more valid excuse? I don't know.