five

He drove me across town and into the city. Looking at all the city lights honestly made me miss coming here. I used to live in the city, but it became too expensive so I moved out. He drove out of the city into a forest area. It's been like a good hour of driving. Would I get into a stranger's car? No. Then why am I in this man's car? Because "I'm an idiot." He looked at me and opened his mouth. "Shit. I said that out loud."

He chuckled. "You're not an idiot. Well. Wait, you might be since you're trusting me." He paused. "You have no idea who I am."

"I do know who you are though." I whispered.

"Whatcha say?" He asked.

"Nothing." I looked back out the window and slowly felt myself falling asleep. For all I know, he's kidnapping me and I'm letting it happen.

"I'm almost there, don't fall asleep on me now." He said, making me want to fall deeper asleep, but I rubbed my eyes to wake up.

"Can I sleep on the way back?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course." He said softly, pulling over to the side of the road and parking the car. "We're going to have to walk up a hill, are you okay with that? I promise it'll be worth it."

"Yeah." I mumbled, unbuckling. We got out of the car and started our way up the hill. If he breaks his promise and I just wasted time walking up this hill, I'm suing. It was only a few minutes and he walked a little bit off the "trail" and motioned for me to come over. I did and he patted a spot on the ground for me and pointed outwards. I sat down and right then and there, I looked into the unknown. The sky against the city was absolutely stunning. The lights lit up the sky a bit, giving it a small blue glow. A little higher than the city lights, it's glow was the dark black sky with all the stars scattered.

He didn't talk, just admired. I took a deep breath in and let it go, closing my eyes and letting my body rest. There was a small breeze which made me open my eyes and prevented me from falling asleep right there. I saw Dream, I mean Clay, look at me from the corner of my eye and before I could steal a glance, he looked away.

"This was my favorite place to just let everything out. I don't go out here enough anymore, I'm so busy with my job." He sighed and checked the time. "It's late, do you wanna go?" He asked, getting up. He held out his hand and I grabbed it, standing up. We walked back to his car and I yawned, ready to fall asleep. "Wait, lemme know your address so I can drop you off." I tell him and he puts it in his directions app. "Oh you live near the park." He mumbles. "You can sleep now." He says softly, being gentle with his voice.

I began to fall asleep against the window but my body didn't like that and it moved towards Clay (Dream). I do not agree that it, my head, found comfort laying against his arm. I felt him move a bit. "I promise I'll get you to your home safely." He mumbled. I felt his eyes on me, looking to see if I was asleep, which I wasn't for a little bit of time. I was awake with my eyes closed, body limp, listening. "At the bakery earlier, you almost called me Dream, and then you stopped yourself and called me Clay. Was it the grocery store visit when you figured it out? Or was it when I had come to pick up the cake? I know you're asleep right now and can't hear me at all, but when did you figure it out?" Fuck.

He took a breath. "And then when you were talking about me at the park." He sighed. "Just rambling to myself like always. Maybe I should call George." After he said that, I fell into the sleep I was trying to go to earlier. So he knows.

+++

I was slightly nudged. "We're here. Do you need help?" Clay woke me up from my sleep.

"Sorry for sleeping on you, I didn't mean to." I apologized, unbuckling my seatbelt. "But I'm good. Thanks for taking me to that place, it was really pretty." I opened the car door, but closed it almost immediately.

"Wh-"

"Hand me your phone." I said, gaining confidence I wish I didn't have at the moment, but sleep deprived me is like if I was drunk or something. He did so with it unlocked and I added myself as a contact. "I trusted you tonight and you didn't murder me, so I trust you with my number." Before he could say anything about it, I hopped out of his car, left towards my apartment, and unlocked my apartment, going inside.

"OH MY GOD." I shouted as soon as my face hit the cushion of my couch. "I have to text Dani." I type for a bit, trying to figure out what to say, but I guess she beat me to it.

quit typing and just send the damn message

sorry

he has my number

and he knows. he knows i know who he is but won't confront me. i fell asleep in his car and he was talking about it but didnt know i was still awake

wait hold on slow down

you were in his car???? when????

right after i texted you that i had to go, he took me to his lookout place

so a place dear to his heart, he took you to that

yeah i guess you can put it that way

and on the ride back, i fell asleep but before i did, he started rambling about how i knew

ok continue

and then i fell asleep, but then when he woke me up, sleep deprived me was like "gimme ur phone" and i put my number in his phone i hate it here

omg so when's the wedding

DANI

what? just askin' 👀

you know "what"🙄

anyways, im gonna head to sleep, super tired. i'll call you in the morning.

afternoon. we both know you won't wake up in the morning. but alright sleep well

don't call me out like this

I sighed and headed to my room and got ready for sleep. Climbing in bed and scrolling through tiktok, I get a message from an unknown number.

hey it's clay, letting you know so you can save my number [Image]

The image was of him doing peace signs with his headphones on. I'm guessing he's about to record or stream.

sleep well, (y/n).

And soon enough, right after he texted that, I got a notification that he was live. Live streaming speedruns. I smiled softly before turning out my light and falling asleep. I'll catch up with the stream VOD tomorrow.