seven

I walked to my local coffee shop and sat down, waiting 20 minutes before ordering a (coffee/tea/hot cocoa) and a cookie. I sat back down and checked my phone, feeling anxious about lying, but at this point, I've gone too far with this. I didn't even need to go out, I just needed to be convincing.

Another 20 minutes pass with me just looking out the window. I feel my phone vibrate, Dream tweeted.

Dream @Dream

For those that didn't watch the stream, stop sending death threats to those involved with the smp, it's all roleplay. It's all for content.

I can't believe he had to say it twice. Actually, I can believe he had to say it.

I put my phone away and watched outside more. About 30 more minutes passed and I finished my drink as well as my cookie. I sighed and pulled up Clay's contact information, scared to call. From then, I decided to step out of the coffee shop and call Clay.

"Hey, everything alright?" He answers and asks.

"Can you... come pick me up?" I ask, anxious and scared that he would say no.

"Yeah of course. Is everything alright?"

I look at the ground, trying to think of another lie. As much as I hate lying about things, I had to keep this act of mine up. "He stood me up."

"Alright, I'm on my way, where are you?" I heard him grab his keys and slam the door.

I told him the address and he said that he would be here in a few minutes. I waited quietly and ended up sitting down on an outside chair because it was longer than I thought. Another ten whole minutes passed, but he eventually showed up and pulled next to the curb, unlocking the car.

"Hi." He said as I got in and buckled up.

"Can we not go to my apartment? The place is too depressing right now. Let's do something. Anything to get my mind off of this." I looked at him and waited for his answer.

"Ask and you shall receive." He said and drove the opposite way of my apartment.

+++

We drove a while, though, it didn't seem like we were going to the lookout place that he showed me the other night. "Do you wanna talk about it?" He asks, glancing my way a little before looking back at the road.

"Not really, there's not much. Downloaded a dating app, forgot that I had it and said why not. The date was planned from late last night, but obviously it was too good to be true." I really sold this lie huh.

"Ah, alright." He paused. "I was just curious, that's all."

I watched his reflection in the window. His breaths are calm, chest slightly rising and falling. His eyes on the road, keeping him focused. He sighed, pulling his hand up and tapping a button. He looked over at me and calmly said, "Do you want to connect your phone to the bluetooth? We'll be travelling a little bit more."

I looked at him and he glanced at me a few times, trying not to take his eyes off the road for too long. "I- uh, sure." I unlocked my phone and connected the bluetooth, pulling up one of my playlists.

"Taste." He says, and we bop to the music, quietly in our own world.

+++

Four and a half hours later, 11:00pm at night, we stopped at a motel. It was a quick stop, nothing fancy. I don't even know what he's doing or planning. Neither of us have a change of clothes so we'd have to wear the same clothes we're wearing now, unless we go to a Walmart or something.

"A motel? These places are for people that either fuck or is broke." I mumbled.

"This is the only place on this small, desolate road, (Y/n)." He said sarcastically. "I'm taking you somewhere and you have to trust me. The motel is a place for me to rest, I've been driving a lot." He handed me the key to the room.

"I... understand. I would offer to drive, but I wouldn't know where we're going." I said, signing and opening the door for the room. He goes back to his car for a second, then follows me inside our room.

The room was ordinary, small, one bed and a couch that I assumed was a pullout. In front of the bed is a TV that has limited cable shows. "I'll sleep on the couch, you take the bed." He smiled gingerly, grabbing the remote and turning it onto football. Damn, he really is Dream.

"Football?" I blurted, growing red in the face and regretting it right away.

"Yeah, unless you don't wanna watch it, totally up to you. I want you to be alright." He said, handing me the remote and moving into the bathroom area. "I'm gonna order pizza, anything in particular?"

I paused for a second. "[Pizza type]?"

"Of course." He got his phone out and dialed away.

"Oh, uh-" I got my wallet out of my pocket and pulled out a $10, but he pushed it away while ordering. His finger did the "no" and he hung up.

"I am paying."

I sighed and sat down, turning on some disney channel. They were showing old reruns of Kim Possible, so my eyes were instantly glued.

+++

Not much happened between pizza time and getting ready for bed, we talked for a bit, nothing important. He was talking about how his sister loved the cake from the bakery and how he thought I was cool the first time we met, at the grocery, since I was the first person to talk to him about something not a lot of people would talk about. He also mentioned how it was weird we kept running into each other, to which I agreed.

Eventually, I yawned and he apologized for wasting my time and told me to get a good sleep. We went to sleep, but I didn't. He did. He was sound asleep, breathing was soft and slow and all I wanted to do was cuddle him. Goddamnit intrusive thoughts. I sat up and looked at the clock. It read 2:28am. I looked back at him and smiled. It's so weird to think that this is Dream.

The moon lights up the room only slightly. I can barely see his freckles. "Cute." I mumble before laying down and moving to look up at the ceiling. "I wonder what would've happened if I never met this man and trusted him with my whole being." I said out loud, not thinking if he was actually asleep. I yawn and slowly fall asleep to the sound of his breathing, even though he's a little ways away.

+++

"Hey, (Y/n)?" I hear, but I turn away, to try and get more sleep. "Hey it's 9am, we gotta go. You can sleep in the car." I felt him lightly shove me.

"I don't wanna get up." I mumble, trying my hardest to keep my eyes closed.

"I'll carry you to the car if you don't wake up now." He said. I open my eyes and stare blankly at him. He's so close to me, a few inches maybe? "I-" He looked away. "Sorry. I didn't mean to be so close."

I slowly started getting up and doing what I usually do in the morning without being able to change or, really, brush my teeth. I gave up 'getting ready' and just decided to let him know I was ready. "I'm ready to go now." I yawned, tiredly walking out of the door that Clay was waiting to close for me.